User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  78
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    People that fail to post a photo for three months should be automatically banned.

People that don't link back to their website or provide a bona fide identity should be banned

People that don't use Canon should be banned

(one of these answers is a joke)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will respond to this now. I do understand where you are positioned on this Darren. As has been seen this morning, we banned someone for this very issue. They were hiding behind an anonymous name, and free online email address, for purposes that we are not sure of, but we believe they were here to bait others for their own reasons.

It is really a balancing act, between making the site accessible for people to join up to, and being aware that some are here for purposes outside of what the site is for. I know that we can never make it completely 100% safe and free from these trolls, but we do what we can. I doubt any tightening of the joining conditions will see us ever stop them if they are determined to join. So all we can do is be alert for them, and act when we become aware that all may not be what it seems.

If we got to the point that trolls were becoming a regular issue, then obviously we would need to look at tightening up our joining rules. For now I think we do quite well as we only get one of these every so often. Unlike some sites (mostly non photography) where trolls rule on a daily basis.
    Last edited by ricktas; 01-07-2012 at 3:00pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dose a member really have to submit images to add value to the site, I haven't seen any from the Anonymous Critic and have a look at their post count. Sorry
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my pm to Al after leaving him poor feedback

I have to learn to relax and take in the image Allann some times i just rush through the threads
    putting myself under pressure by trying to find what I like
    Last edited by Duane Pipe; 01-07-2012 at 9:36pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted photos of my own work for critique but I haven't yet critiqued others. I try to but I never end up posting anything because I'm still learning and I guess mostly I feel what I have to say might be wrong. So I just never end up saying anything and then learn from how others have critiqued things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re Butterfly above`s comment. Why don`t you ask what process/method a person has used to achieve a result that you like and would like to learn.

and regarding the theme of the thread........`What goes around hopefully comes around.`
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    re Butterfly above`s comment. Why don`t you ask what process/method a person has used to achieve a result that you like and would like to learn.

and regarding the theme of the thread........`What goes around hopefully comes around.`
    Thanks. It's a really good idea. I guess sometimes people don't want to sidetrack a CC thread but it's a valid point.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    I have posted photos of my own work for critique but I haven't yet critiqued others. I try to but I never end up posting anything because I'm still learning and I guess mostly I feel what I have to say might be wrong. So I just never end up saying anything and then learn from how others have critiqued things.
    Just for beginners : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...-for-Beginners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A. The reason I've not posted, although I've been a member for a while now I'll put my hand up as not posted a photo yet, but then on that note I have not CC'd either for that reason. Part of the reason I've not posted (no real excuse probably) is that the monitor I 've got and those I've had have not given me a good idea as to the real how good or bad they really were. Now we have a 51" screen I've found some aren't to bad although are either lacking with sharpness or surfer from camera movement probably due to bad techniques.

the other reasons are I'm not up to speed with using software and need to actually set aside some time to read through and learn how to actually post a photo some of which is due to, laziness, I am not a real IT type person (perhaps that's why my son gets sick of me asking him questions all the time?), will also have to set up a place to host from unless my son inlaw sets up a web site for me, that's an idea and I'm not sure I'm real happy with photodraw 4. Last but not least my hard drive with a lot of photos died which means I'll have go out & take some more photos. Anyway that's some of my feeble excuses so if I can face up surely others can stick their hands up

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROA44 View Post
    .....the other reasons are I'm not up to speed with using software and need to actually set aside some time to read through and learn how to actually post a photo some of which is due to, laziness, I am not a real IT type person (perhaps that's why my son gets sick of me asking him questions all the time?), will also have to set up a place to host from unless .....
    You can post you're photos here on AP. Once you've done it a couple of times it's pretty easy. I know all about lazy, so sometimes it's easier to post a photo (and ask a question), then learn from what people have to say (beats me researching)
    The link below is pretty easy to follow.
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for..._forum_threads

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that think they cannot give CC because they are not experienced enough etc. Guess what, the vast majority of us here are not!! We are just like you, we like photography. Jump in and tell us honestly what you like / dislike about the photos we post. Be respectful and it will be welcomed.

If that does not convince you go have a look at this link and then make up your mind what you think of it. I certainly know what I think of it and I am neither right nor wrong but it does not mean my opinion does not count.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3831833.story

I would however be surprised if anyone put anything that horrible on this site oops, could not resist!!

Going Cold Blooded
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    There are a lot of people on here that are just beginners and your opinion on certain images, or critique will not be "wrong" per se but different from what the photographer or others may think and may even see the image in a different way now that you've pointed it out to them. Sometimes all it takes is an outside looking in.

The hardest thing is learning all the "technical jargon" and acronyms the photographic community has adopted!
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123