Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Both flickr and photobucket offer EXIF at the original sizes uploaded only. So you mention you do not like using compression. But if you use flickr and photobucket and then choose the size that AP allows (up to 1024 pixels), if that is not the size you uploaded, then the EXIF will not be available.

EG, you upload a photo at 4000 pixels x 3000 pixels. If you share that full size, then your EXIF will show. but as soon as you select a different size to share (eg 2000 pixels, 1024 pixels, etc) the image will no longer include your EXIF.
    Thanks Rick.
    I'll compress if I have to... but for purposes of critique... I would like to offer as close to as original (post PP) as possible for the most accurate presentation of the image.

When submitting an image for competition I reluctantly (but understandably) compress the OhCrikey out of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    But you didn't do that with the cockatoo photos you posted. You just had the image dimensions larger than what AP allows and the file size much smaller than what AP allows....

This is surprising.
    I'm so use to working with JPG and having the file sizes blow out after editing... that I didn't even check these image sizes.
    The two cockatoo pics were my first PP using RAW.
    Not sure if that is why the file size was so small?

Will do some further testing... as I have my camera set to shoot RAW to one memory card and a JPG to the second memory card.
    I am doing this to see comparisons of my PP V's in camera PP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    ...Also, flickr has a 1TB space limit for the free account.

I think I can work with 1TB
    Last edited by JDuding; 01-10-2015 at 10:59pm.