Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Very disturbing article in the SMH today

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Yeah, I'll get a Eurocopter and some fast cars and motorbikes so I can save the planet by flying into all the anti-coal protests.
    That fits with the first two words of this threads tittle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    So, it's the three and not the three billion that worries you? Now that fits the first two words of this thread title.
    Last edited by Warbler; 11-11-2015 at 3:59am.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it's the three and not the three billion that worries you? Now that fits the first two words of this thread title.
    Are you suggesting that if you murder some anti coal mining protesters that you will save the world from a pandemic? I don't follow the logic. To use a phrase that Pauline Hanson made famous, "Please explain?".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Are you suggesting that if you murder some anti coal mining protesters.....
    I merely find it disturbing that MarkL would find my comments about the deaths of three more disturbing than people wishing for the deaths of three billion. Don't put words into my mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall anyone wishing for the deaths of 3 billion. Rick suggested that if there was a pandemic the world would probably benefit. I don't recall him saying he wished for it. That was you putting words into his mouth.
    As for your comment about "saving the planet by flying into all the anti-coal protests". How is this meant to save the planet?.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say it again... (refer earlier post) http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...=1#post1323092

islam is not just a religion but a political ideology. islam has ZERO separation of church and state.
    The issue I will criticise is the islamic political ideology which is so corrupt as it has has no room for peaceful co-existence.
    Without a major reform islam will cause a major global conflict - which is sadly inevitable; what has happened so far is chicken feed.

We must stand against islamic political ideology and if that means banning islam then so be it.
    Don't be deceived by the idea of 'moderate' islam - in the end it is a myth.
    We must vigorously oppose islamic political ideology. (Funny thing if you do you are called racist - but we do need to speak out loudly regardless of name calling)

We have a weekly phone call with my wife's cousin who lives in a small German town of about 15,000 people.
    Each week we hear more and more about the impact of the flood of migrant on this small community.
    There is a right wing uprising happening now; sadly that is not a good thing but is being forced by merkel's dumb policies.
    The reason for the uprising by ordinary people is simple... self preservation.
    Rapes, theft, death threats that are not actioned by the police are creating this uprising.
    The media are not allowed to report on this; but Germany is heading for an explosion.
    NB: It is not just the recent influx but what the Germans refer to as the Turks (which is a generic islamic influx over the last 30 years)
    Last edited by Kym; 11-11-2015 at 10:21am.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warning: Keep things on fact, DO NOT get personal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    I'll say it again... (refer earlier post) http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...=1#post1323092

islam is not just a religion but a political ideology. islam has ZERO separation of church and state.
    The issue I will criticise is the islamic political ideology which is so corrupt as it has has no room for peaceful co-existence.
    Without a major reform islam will cause a major global conflict - which is sadly inevitable; what has happened so far is chicken feed.

We must stand against islamic political ideology and if that means banning islam then so be it.
    Don't be deceived by the idea of 'moderate' islam - in the end it is a myth.
    We must vigorously oppose islamic political ideology. (Funny thing if you do you are called racist - but we do need to speak out loudly regardless of name calling)

We have a weekly phone call with my wife's cousin who lives in a small German town of about 15,000 people.
    Each week we hear more and more about the impact of the flood of migrant on this small community.
    There is a right wing uprising happening now; sadly that is not a good thing but is being forced by merkel's dumb policies.
    The reason for the uprising by ordinary people is simple... self preservation.
    Rapes, theft, death threats that are not actioned by the police are creating this uprising.
    The media are not allowed to report on this; but Germany is heading for an explosion.
    NB: It is not just the recent influx but what the Germans refer to as the Turks (which is a generic islamic influx over the last 30 years)
    In a court of law, this would be said to be a mixture of opinion and hearsay. Where are the facts that you wish to keep things on?

I'll pick up just one sentence of yours, and that is "Don't be deceived by the idea of 'moderate' islam - in the end it is a myth." I have spent quite a lot of time in Java and while, like all peoples, they have their faults, they are in general a very peaceful, tolerant people. You could probably describe them as "moderate Islam". Just as Australians, who also have their faults, are in general a peaceful, tolerant people. We could probably be described as "moderate Christian", though I suspect that many of us would claim no religion so perhaps just "moderate" (in general of course).
    Last edited by Kym; 11-11-2015 at 12:53pm. Reason: Fix quote

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for your comment about "saving the planet by flying into all the anti-coal protests". How is this meant to save the planet?.
    My point exactly.

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pick up just one sentence of yours, and that is "Don't be deceived by the idea of 'moderate' islam - in the end it is a myth." I have spent quite a lot of time in Java and while, like all peoples, they have their faults, they are in general a very peaceful, tolerant people. You could probably describe them as "moderate Islam". Just as Australians, who also have their faults, are in general a peaceful, tolerant people. We could probably be described as "moderate Christian", though I suspect that many of us would claim no religion so perhaps just "moderate" (in general of course).
    I understand that. I guess I'm referring to the non-integrating migrants and others who take on the hard line islamic ideology.
    That said in discussion with muslims I know, when it comes to leaving islam that is a big no no; they say it is impossible because they think they would be killed.
    Further, whilst they are very peaceful, there are fundamental things they won't change that are in direct conflict with living in Australia.
    Eg. the status of women.
    Nice people, but intractable on deeper issues.

Still in the Circle of Confusion
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started this thread because I have concerns about the 'Australia' my kids, grand-kids and their kids are going to be residing in.

This Religious War, and that is exactly what it is, is merely a continuation of what was started in 1095 with the Crusades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

A quote from that Wikipedia article ...."The Crusades were military campaigns sanctioned by the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages. In 1095 Byzantine Emperor Alexios I, in Constantinople, sent an ambassador to Pope Urban II in Italy pleading for military help against the growing Turkish threat."

In those early days the Christians, a misnomer if ever there was one, were the aggressors. Over time the wheel has been turning and we now have the reverse of that situation.

I'm sure that most followers of Islam are just like you and me, wanting to put food on the tables for their families and a roof over their heads, and hoping to peacefully co-exist with their neighbors, whatever their religious beliefs.

Unfortunately, they are the silent majority. It is the radical vocal minority, and they run into the hundreds of millions, that are causing the problem.

Education is the answer, as witnessed by the emancipation of the common folk in the western world from the gobbledygook of Christianity. In particular, Catholicism's iron grip is now not much more than a weak grasp, and it's power is lessening daily.

Unfortunately, I can't see the radical Islamic minority allowing that to happen, as education would erode their indoctrination of young open minds.

As I said in the first line of this post, I have concerns.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cage;

Also generically on wars Philip and Axelrod’s three-volume Encyclopedia of Wars, which chronicles some 1,763 wars that have been waged over the course of human history. Of those wars, the authors categorize 123 as being religious in nature, which is an astonishingly low 6.98% of all wars. However, when one subtracts out those waged in the name of Islam (66), the percentage is cut by more than half to 3.23%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Kym, I'm not going to support the laws in Muslim countries which proscribe the death penalty for apostasy, but Indonesia is not one of them.
    I am totally against all religious dictatorships, including those emanating from the Islamic countries, but I would point out that it is not that long ago that our religions also practised similar things. Many of these peoples need to be given time and help to move on, rather than the abuse and exploitation that we have thrown them for the last 50 (or is that 1000) years. Why is there a religious dictatorship in Saudi Arabia? Perhaps because we installed the regime in order to keep the oil safe. Why do the Iranians hate us so much? Perhaps because the West helped overthrow an elected democratic government of theirs and put in the Shah. The list goes on. We are not blameless in the mess that is now the Middle East.
    Last edited by Steve Axford; 11-11-2015 at 1:27pm.

Still in the Circle of Confusion
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kym

So whose stats do you believe. Dr Bill Warner states that there were 548 Jihads against christian countries over a 1400 year period yet Philip and Axelrod apparently don't see those conflicts as having any religious connotation.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll get a Eurocopter and some fast cars and motorbikes so I can save the planet by flying into all the anti-coal protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    I merely find it disturbing that MarkL would find my comments about the deaths of three more disturbing than people wishing for the deaths of three billion. Don't put words into my mouth.
    mmmm, I don't see where you mentioned saving three billion people?
    Was simply saying I found you original comment very disturbing. Don't put words into my mouth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Richard Green fair game now he's dead?

sent from Earth via tapatalk
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNQ View Post
    Is Richard Green fair game now he's dead?

Read the papers over the past few days? Apparently he is, and rightly so. Ban the coal industry, but don't take my gas-guzzlers off me. Do as I say and not as I do. Green hypocrites really, don't you think?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the papers over the past few days? Apparently he is, and rightly so. Ban the coal industry, but don't take my gas-guzzlers off me. Do as I say and not as I do. Green hypocrites really, don't you think?
    Nope don't read the news every day. Too depressing. Everyone is a hypocrite to some degree. My line of work, We've had people ringing up complaining about 'ugly' mobile phone towers and whining about radiation from the tower...... And they were using their mobile to ring.... Yes if we want our luxuries they do come at a price.
    But if we get an Islamic caliphate, we'll all be living in the 14th century....which should keep the die-hard greenies happy.

Last edited by MattNQ; 11-11-2015 at 8:10pm.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNQ View Post
    Nope don't read the news every day. Too depressing. Everyone is a hypocrite to some degree. My line of work, We've had people ringing up complaining about 'ugly' mobile phone towers and whining about radiation from the tower...... And they were using their mobile to ring.... Yes if we want our luxuries they do come at a price.
    But if we get an Islamic caliphate, we'll all be living in the 14th century....which should keep the die-hard greenies happy.

NIMBY - another name for hypocrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NIMBY - another name for hypocrite.
    To quote the blurb for the book Why Everyone (Else) Is a Hypocrite: Evolution and the Modular Mind by Robert Kurzban http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9271.html

"We're all hypocrites. Why? Hypocrisy is the natural state of the human mind.

Robert Kurzban shows us that the key to understanding our behavioral inconsistencies lies in understanding the mind's design. The human mind consists of many specialized units designed by the process of evolution by natural selection. While these modules sometimes work together seamlessly, they don't always, resulting in impossibly contradictory beliefs, vacillations between patience and impulsiveness, violations of our supposed moral principles, and overinflated views of ourselves.

This modular, evolutionary psychological view of the mind undermines deeply held intuitions about ourselves, as well as a range of scientific theories that require a "self" with consistent beliefs and preferences. Modularity suggests that there is no "I." Instead, each of us is a contentious "we"--a collection of discrete but interacting systems whose constant conflicts shape our interactions with one another and our experience of the world.

In clear language, full of wit and rich in examples, Kurzban explains the roots and implications of our inconsistent minds, and why it is perfectly natural to believe that everyone else is a hypocrite."

So, hello Mr NIMBY, alias Warbler

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast