There was once a very interesting training video done for media students, that showed a mock clash between "police" and "protestors" (all just actors) that was filmed from multiple angles,and then a "reporter" added their editing and spin to it. The first made primarily from footage from the protestors side, with the reporter's appropriate commentary, made the police look like legal thugs.

The second footage primarily shot from the police side, with matching commentary, made the protestors look like violent good-for-nothing's. The third version showed that those acting the roles were mostly just having a ball.

It is used to show media students how important their role is in portraying the story.

I have never trusted news stories ever since. This recent story was a living example of the same training video. Amazing how different the story was when you see him trying to kick the police officers, including trying to kick the shins of a FEMALE officer. Such a little hero this guy is.

I have friends that are police. Genuine brutality is incredibly rare. It's not the 60's 70's when a cop would take a troublesome kid out of town give him a bit of a "lesson" and make him walk home. I personally believe that if you pass the attitude test when first approached, your chance of getting rough treatment from a modern cop is almost non-existent.