Thread: strobes for home studio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the cheapest gear is not usually a good choice. I don't want to go crazy either...
    Middle range equipment in general seems good to me. I currently use a middle range camera (7D), some middle range lenses (Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Canon 100 2.0, Canon 50 1.4, ...) and I'm very happy with them.
    So Visico is the middle range. Thanks for the advice!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up an Elinchrom BXRi 500/500 Kit! Two strobes, two stands, two soft boxes, very nice!

I have first tried to go with my already existing speed lights, got a couple triggers, umbrellas and mounts, but the whole thing kind of annoyed me after a short while: low power, charging batteries, not too good build of the whole thing, the fact that to have the strobe light in the center of umbrella I had to use a second stand... Still happy to have them, it was pretty cheap and can still be used on location if I don't have any power.

I'll probably be adding some 3rd party large soft box, there are some nice large ones with an Elinchrom mount, as the current ones aren't that impressive...
    Last edited by patrickv; 15-07-2012 at 8:59pm. Reason: typo