Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
The other thing to mention is that once you have all this beautifully exposed film and prints, to get the most of it, in a digital format, you need to have a drum scanner, or know someone who has one commercially that they use. Using a home based flat-bed scanner on medium/large format prints/film is really letting the reason for taking them on film, down.

A good drum scanner is tens of thousands of dollars, and even getting them scanned commercially using one costs a nice packet. take the 6x17 format, to get one image scanned on a drum scanner at 3200dpi will set you back somewhere between $20-$30 (minimum)..for ONE photo. Oh and the resultant file from a 6x17 @ 3200dpi is often over 900MB!

Yes I am quite aware of the cost involved.. I do have a pretty good scanner bed which I brought for my sister as she studies digital media.. I was going to use that and for any really good panorama, which I want to print out.. I would go to the shops.. 20-30 dollars to print something amazing.. I think I dont mind the cost.

I know my responses seems like I am quite stubborn.. But I guess at the end of the day I just do not like the stitching process.. I guess my real question was if anyone had a chance to play around with the cameras I mentioned above.. also any other recommendations for a panoramic camera. Cheers