Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodw View Post

I might add that the mp count has had nothing to do with my decision to pony up for the D800 as having worked in the printing industry's for years I understand the intracies of digital photo reproduction and 6 mp covers off on most needs (except perhaps when publishing a 2 page magazine spread, which I have found to be a limiting factor with my D40). Personally, i would have been much happier with 18-24 mp FX but for the total package, i reckon i am on a winner.
    The number of mega pickles didn't influence me much either, I am quite happy with 20x30 prints from 10MP and any of the numerous AP members that have seen said prints will probably agree. Time moves on and if they can deliver results at 36mp then bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by rodw View Post
    I am still intrigued as to why Nikon went to such a dense sensor count so maybe it is to do with kingarthur's UDHTV or is it just sticking it to their competitors? I'd've really like to know the answer to this question.
    They already surpassed their competitors ( at a price premium ) with the D3x and 24 mp so if the extra resolution is as good as expected then they have nothing to worry about. They are after all a company that is required to earn money ( profit ) and not a benevolent institution for photographers but if history is correct they have a habit of being a little late to the game but at least when they get there the product is polished.
    Last edited by I @ M; 25-02-2012 at 7:47pm.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.