User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rechargable Batteries AA - what to look for?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs up for Servaas, I ordered mine online, and received it the next day in country Vic. Very good service.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukiez View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to this thread Kym missed it when searching ... i just went to dicksmith and got Eneloops and they came with a charger, will that charger be okay for these batterys?
    The Sanyo plug-in-wall charger that would have came with your Eneloops is a slow charger mate. it will take up to 12 hours to fully charge your batteries.

I use Eneloops and they are great batteries, so youll wanna look after them, and keep them conditioned for longer lasting life .. I have this Maha 8 Cell Charger .. fantastic unit
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lukiez, make sure your old charger was suitable for nickel metal hydride (NiMH), not nickel cadmium (NiCad).
    some chargers have a switch on them to set the battery type. using the wrong type will not work very well.
    Thanks,
    Nam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was just wondering.. does anyone here have any experiences with the MahaEX travel charger?? the one that charges for 1hr..

because im not really keen in waiting for the batteries to charge up till 9 hours..

and since everyone recommends them Maha's or Sanyos was wondering whether their quick chargers are okay??

please advise

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are only looking for fast charging and size isn't your issue I would still go for the MH-C9000. You can set the charging rate to make it charge quicker. Even when I put mine in on default settings for a quick charge it only takes around an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh! so there is a default settings for the MH-C9000? because it does look a little bit complicated to me imo.. after looking at the Wizardone charger as well with the different settings. kind of scared me off thinking i would need to know quite a bit on these batteries!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there certainly is. Just chuck em in and it does it just like any quick charger - only better!

But you won't regret buying one, the flexibility it gives you is brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thnks etherial! id better take advantage of the promo by servaas then!

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Eneloops for a while and they are fantastic. I also have some Varta Ready2Use which are quite similar. I prefer these to the high power Engergizers and Duracell batteries which are forever needing a recharge when I pick them up.

I don't use my flash a lot but the last thing I want to do is recharge the batteries before putting it into use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive used Eneloops for the past year and still use my 10 year old kodak fast charger and have the best batteries Ive ever had always charged when ya need em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 5 sets of eneloops, they are great, they are only 1900 mA but they slowly loose their capacity, giving their best for longer, I used to use the sanyo 2700 but found they would be awesome just after being charged, but would drop to 1900 mA level very quickly..

M
    www.pbase.com/mcphotographics loooots of pictures!
    hmmm Eq list... 1D II, 5D II, 7D, 100-400 LIS F4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8L, 135 F2, 85 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 420EX, 580EX II x2 ST-E2 Cir polar filters and much much more all in a neat back pack that kills my back!

Adobe CS5
    Week 16 Sheep Winner
    If you have a question about car / action / sports photography or Canon Cameras PM me...

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this, I have had loads of trouble with rechargables, so I will try these.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser PROtog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Available from a site sponsor too:

eneloop AA 4 pack
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaharwood View Post
    Thanks for this, I have had loads of trouble with rechargables, so I will try these.
    PROtog - Ausphotography Site Sponsor Website Facebook twitter
    Gear: Canon 5D Mk III | Canon 70-200 II 2.8 IS | Canon 24-105 | Canon 50 1.8 | b-grip hand strap | 3 Legged Thing Eddie tripod

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaharwood View Post
    Most people think they have issues with rechargeable cells; but in fact the real problem is the crappy charger that kills their cells by overheating.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdeGroot View Post
    DO NOT buy Energizers. They do not hold their charge and will die rather quickly.

Get Sanyo Eneloops or Powerex Imideons. Both are slow discharge type NiMH batteries. i.e. they'll hold 80% charge after a year, so they're always ready when you need them. They go for about $20/4 AAs but are totally worth it.

On top of that, get an intelligent charger - something like a Maha C9000, you can dial in a slow charge and they shutoff based on charge, time and temp. as opposed to generic timed chargers that tend to overcharge your batteries and thus shorten their life.

All of these can be got from www.servaas.com.au (great guys btw), or the Sanyo batteries are also available from Dick Smith stores.
    Agreed. I have 16 Eneloops and they work fantastically on the 430-EX, Wii Controllers, my GPS etc etc. We even use them on the doorbell.

I get far better results from them with on the flashgun than with standard NiMH's and I'd say they are just as good as alkalines. At least the huge cost and evironmental saving is worth it. Nonrechargable batteries are disgusting things.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 5 sets of eneloops and the Maha 8 cell charger .. and ive just ordered another 2 sets from Jeff at Servaas the other day. Fantastic batteries, but make sure you get a good conditioner to look after them.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i charge eneloops nimh in my energizer fast charger ??? Or would i be better of getting one of these hitech chargers. I now have energizer cells with the charger but the cells don't hold power anymore.....

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roof View Post
    Can i charge eneloops nimh in my energizer fast charger ??? Or would i be better of getting one of these hitech chargers. I now have energizer cells with the charger but the cells don't hold power anymore.....
    The cheapo chargers work, but will kill your cells much faster than a decent charger.
    I've found eveready to be sub-par when it comes to rechargeable technology.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    The cheapo chargers work, but will kill your cells much faster than a decent charger.
    never said it was cheap, same price ast the maha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another fan of eneloops after having purchased a few sets of late... flash, Wii, torches, you name it... all enelooped.
    Osprey Photography

Canon: 5D Mk II, 40D, 10D all gripped, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 24-105 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS, 50 f1.4, 100 f2.8 Macro and other assorted accessories.

Some stalk, some chase and some pursue... but I hunt.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast