Thread: in camera crop fix in photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you manage to get the result you're chasing here. My suggestion for future is that you take all shots in standard format (on your camera) and save the cropping for post processing.
    Daniel Thompson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Canon 7D & 5D Mark II : 24-70mm f2.8L : 70-200mm f2.8L IS II : 17-40mm f4L : CANON EF 100MM F2.8 MACRO L IS USM: 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM : 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS : 50mm f1.8 : 430EX II & 580EX II External Speedlites : Manfrotto 190X PROB + 804RC2 head : Lee CPL, ND and GND filter system : Lee Big Stopper : CS6 Photoshop : PS Elements 11 : PS Lightroom 5 Tightly packed into a Lowepro Pro Runner 450

Follow me on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/GreenOrchardPhotography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dt86vyss View Post
    Hope you manage to get the result you're chasing here. My suggestion for future is that you take all shots in standard format (on your camera) and save the cropping for post processing.
    thanks daniel

i agree that i will never do that again

i did it a few weeks ago and it was fine. i set the ratio to 16.9 and shot away. the lcd showed the cropped version in live view, then i turned liveview off to take the shot and it was fine.

but this time i was shooting everything in liveview, and thats where the problem was. so when you shoot in liveview the crop gets added to the end result but when you use the viewfinder the crop isnt added
    Canon 5D MKiii / Sony A7Rii / Canon 16-35mm f 4 L /Canon EF 24-70mm f-2.8 L USM / Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM / SIGMA 50mm F14. ART