Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add on:

Alpha Rumours has released some image samples from the A7Rii:
    http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/new-s...amples-posted/
    It's quite impressive
    Is it perfect? Hm... Sony has a funny way of processing their JPEGs - it's improved from the old SLT models though.

Although there's no RX10ii samples yet, I've used the older RX10 images, all on noise reduction low, and using the sample photos from the RX100iv and RX10 as a comparison of what the RX10ii will be like, I've compared their shots to the a65

One reason I can think of that the images in the RX100iv look more crisp than the a65 is the new JPEG engine that Sony uses, beginning from the a99 or a77ii (can't remember)
    I applied some sharpening on the a65, and it does look better (close infact, better in some parts), but the RX100iv still has a very slight edge (overall)

I'm really excited - the upgrade from a65 to RX10ii means I can still keep the same image quality (presuming), and have much better video recording capabilities.
    Of course, I lose 4MP, wide and super telephoto lenses, bokeh, and battery life (there may be 1 or 2 more things, meh).
    But the overall improvements, it's definitely looking more justifiable indeed.

My wife's has given me to buy it if I wanted it too, so that's a positive... (of course, that's after selling my current gear) lol
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 10-07-2015 at 5:31pm.