There is a song that has a line similar. Don Henley. Viewing some of the images posted here kinda takes me back to what I think was a better time in my life , as far as some things go. Seeing photos of old country cottages reminds me of places that I have been. Now I'm older and looking back I think of how simple life was, and now, how complicated the world has become. To me the 70s were probably the most enjoyable. Buying a panelvan with a couple of mates and traveling right across this great country. Not a care in the world. What fun. I hope that the younger generation do not look back to now with the same view. I hate to think what a terrible state the world will be in if that is the case.
So what decade or time do you remember as " The" time ? Also. Where have we gone wrong ? I blame a lot on two things. 1. No dicipline in schools (to a degree), and 2. The pressures put on young families that make Mothers have to bring in a 2nd income just to make ends meet. Dont get me wrong. There are plenty of things in this era that I am very happy with, ie, camera gear . I remember that I had a small Agfa 110 in the panelvan days. Still have some photos from the adventure. Look forward to reading your thoughts. Paul.