Hi folks.

Today I had a computer clean up,and defrag and all that sort of maintance stuff,I also put the disc that came with my 50D in the drive it was VER 20.2 only slightly differnent Ver that came with 450D,it was VER18.

after all its updating,I pluged in 50D and nothing happened,previously the software and 450D went really well,I do astro-photography,so these features are quite important-been able to control a camera via lap top is very important.

I changed cables,changed to the 450D nothing happened,once something poped up about hardware conection issues,but only once,nothing else worked,like it did previously.

I turned everything off,came back,after a cuppa(this usually fixes ditties on computer)

Nothing again,so unistalled ver 20.2,and re installed ver 18,nothing happened-did not work at all.

I did notice a pop up during installation of both ver-and it said "insert maxlam DL Essentials edition disk", but that was the disk already in drive,I could'nt understand that,

Anyhow I hope someone has some guidance for me,I really use the EOS function utility

THANKS IN ADVANCE! regards FB