I'm a lightroom user, but I don't use it to the full extent yet... I don't use the keywording, I don't rate my photos, I don't use collections... I basically just import my photos, and then tweak the ones I want in the Develop Module and then Export them as JPEG to upload to the net or send off for printing and that's about it...

Now I want to start learning the Best/A Good Workflow using all/a lot of the features including keywords, rating, collections, etc and learn the best practices...

There's two reasons for this, I want to get more efficent at Lightroom, and second later this year my local photography club have asked me to do a talk/workshop on Lightroom, so i thought I'd better start learning a good workflow so that I can teach the other members that rather than my dodgy poor workflow...

Are there any good websites I should check out about this, or books that you'd recommend?

I realise Lightroom 3 is getting close to dropping so I'd probably prefer not to buy a book at this stage which won't be up to date as soon as Lightroom 3 is released... and it'll be whatever the latest version is at the time when i do the talk i'll be showing...

I've read a few tutorials where they copy the photos from the memory card to a folder on the computer manually and then import into lightroom...

Is there any benefits in this method?

The way i do it is, i simply use lightroom to import directly from my card in the card reader, and i let lightroom mange the files and stores them by date (folder for year, then sub folder for year-month-day)

is there any reason not to do it this way?