I installed iTunes 12.7 on my Windows 10 Pro PC today and discovered that the capability to sync Apps, Books and other purchased assets has been removed from iTunes, which is now focusing on Music, TV, Movies and the suchlike.

I used to be able to purchase/download all my Apps, Books, etc. updates ONCE to my Win10 PC using iTunes and then update all my SIX iOS devices (x 4 iPads + x2 iPods) via sync'ing my iOS devices via a hard wired USB cradle.

With any new App/Book purchase or update, it now looks like I will have to download new purchases and updates for each device SEPARATELY (i.e. x6 times) and then via Wi-Fi ONLY on each device – is this the case or am I (hopefully) misunderstanding the new beaut iTunes 12.7???

If my initial assumption is correct, then this is a VERY BAD MOVE by Apple; it makes my Apps, Books, etc. management much more arduous and time consuming and it is likely that as a result I will be purchasing less of these products as it is just too onerous to manage purchases and updates via this new "improved" method.

I hope that I have completely stuffed up my understanding of this iTunes 12.7 update and “enhanced” mode of operation and that I will discover that Apple have not implemented this incredibly backwards step in the App and Book management process.

Cheers

Dennis