Hi,
I was using my computer when it went into power save mode of it's own accord. Normally it resumes with a movement of the mouse or a tap on the keyboard. Not today Jose!

I did a hard off and restarted it (many, many times) but no joy. It boots to the start-up screen (W10) with the four blue squares and the revolving cursor then goes into power save mode.

I can rule out the monitor because I have two connected and they both do the same thing.

It's a self built job with the following:

W10 64bit O/S
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P (rev. 1.0)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 (BE) with Noctua twin fan HS
4 x 4GB G.Skill F3-12800CL9D (Running @ 1333Mhz Unganged)
Samsung 128GB SSD 840 Pro
3 x WD HDD (1 x 2Tb and 2 x 500Gb)
Sapphire Radeon HD5750 with 1GB DDR5
Seasonic 550W PSU

I know it's getting a bit long in the tooth but it's really doing all I want so I'm happy with it.

I got into the power management in the BIOS but there was no option to change any settings that I felt may have helped.

The mobo has dual BIOS and the one I was running got corrupted so it's been running on the back-up for quite a while and yeah, I know I should have flashed the corrupted one.

I also tried to start up using my W7 which is on another hard dive but same result. The computer is running as normal, HDD activity light flashing and making all the usual sounds.

My gut feeling is the Video Card has carked it and the Mobo doesn't have onboard graphics so no easy check.

Any thoughts appreciated.