Thread: Canon Rocks !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done.

But, I think Canon may be just recognising their statutory obligation that often extends far beyond the stated warranty period. ie. That the goods be fit for the purpose they were sold. Which, for a flash, would be thousands of pictures, not a hundred or so.

Never the less... a good outcome.

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    Well done.

But, I think Canon may be just recognising their statutory obligation that often extends far beyond the stated warranty period. ie. That the goods be fit for the purpose they were sold. Which, for a flash, would be thousands of pictures, not a hundred or so.

Never the less... a good outcome.

Scotty
    This is very true, and actually only something i recently discovered.

Good to see canon honouring this service without any prompting of the term "statutory warranty".

Actually statutory warranty is a very good reason to buy local rather than grey. Our consumer protection laws are excellent from what i've read and experienced.
    Last edited by pmack; 29-06-2011 at 10:08pm.