User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Camera Clubs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Clubs

I have never been in a Camera Club, and was wondering if they are of value to beginners.
    Or are they more for the experienced for competitions etc.

Regards
    Keith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends... I have been in one that focused on starters and intermediate photographers and I've been in one that focused on competitions.
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does tend to depend on the club and my experience is of ones in Queensland. Some have excellent mentoring for beginners others not so much. Adelaide probably has a few so you should be able to visit some and see if you find one that suits your needs. Competitions can be a learning tool also. Larger clubs usually grade members so you compete against photographers with similar skill levels and judges give feedback on your image and suggestions on how it could have been improved. Most also organise shoots for members where you can get advice from more experienced club members and sometimes outside tutors do workshops to improve skills.
    Glenda

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Glenda, most informative.

Regards
    Keith

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go to a camera club with no competitions or criticism of photos. I think it is more like Facebook face to face. Personally it is not doing a lot for my photography, but it's OK for a social outing. I wish there was a more traditional camera club close by, but it is better than nothing. So as Glenda says, there is a variety in Camera Clubs and there is probably one out there to suit you. Have a hunt around and see what is on offer, and go for it!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmmax View Post
    I go to a camera club with no competitions or criticism of photos. I think it is more like Facebook face to face. Personally it is not doing a lot for my photography, but it's OK for a social outing. I wish there was a more traditional camera club close by, but it is better than nothing. So as Glenda says, there is a variety in Camera Clubs and there is probably one out there to suit you. Have a hunt around and see what is on offer, and go for it!
    Was hoping you'd come on your local camera clubs walk with me a couple of months back.
    No forgive and forget.