PDA

View Full Version : Hi All :)

flailinginge
15-02-2012, 5:24pm
Hi All :)!
Brand new member here, I guess I would call myself beginner just peeking over the wall to intermediate…sooo much to learn but what a fabulous lesson it is! I get great pleasure from photography and love documentary photography, fine art photography, photojournalism, glamour and fashion... . I'm really not sure at this stage what area I would like to steer toward but if I was to pick what I enjoy right now it would be portraiture.
Anyway, I’m very glad to be here and looking forward to chatting (and learning) through this marvellous forum.

Cheers,
Flailinginge

ricktas
15-02-2012, 7:02pm
Welcome to AP, can't wait to see some of your photos

MALCEB
15-02-2012, 7:59pm
Welcome :)

Kym
15-02-2012, 9:46pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
16-02-2012, 6:42am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

flailinginge
16-02-2012, 1:52pm
Thank you everyone for being so welcoming :D:D

I love this quote:

"When Jack London had his portrait made by the noted San Francisco photographer Arnold Genthe, London began the encounter with effusive praise for the photographic art of his friend and fellow bohemian, Genthe. "you must have a wonderful camera...It must be the best camera in the world...You must show me your camera." Genthe then used his standard studio camera to make what has since become a classic picture of Jack London. When the sitting was finished, Genthe could not contain himself: "I have read your books, Jack, and I think they are important works of art. You must have a wonderful typewriter." - Anonymous (http://www.photoquotes.com/showquotes.aspx?id=77&name=Anonymous)

ricktas
16-02-2012, 6:43pm
I edited your post, Purple text is really hard to read on the site grey background. Looking forward to seeing some photos up for critique soon

rwg717
16-02-2012, 9:47pm
Cheers and nice to have you along.....enjoy:efelant:
Richard