PDA

View Full Version : Night Visitor = 1 less Guinea Fowl

Cargo
14-02-2012, 6:48pm
These were taken by my partner with my camera last night ...
In the wee hours there was a loud commotion in the Quandong were the Peacocks and the Guinea Fowl roost ... Not for getting up myself (slacko) Big day :D, Baz rushed down to find this Amythestine python working his way down to try and devour his victim that he had crushed and dropped .....
Unfortunatley his eyes were too big for his tummy and the poor old GF died for no reason .... Well, he has become fertilizer for the veggie garden now :( at least thats something
Anyway thought you might like to have a look at a beautiful, and the largest aussie python (although this guy wasn't so big only about 6ft)
Cheers Cargo

Mark L
14-02-2012, 10:02pm
Where's the photo of the Guinea Fowl?:D

Speedway
14-02-2012, 10:12pm
Thats what I was going to say. :D
Keith.

Mary Anne
14-02-2012, 11:51pm
Thanks for sharing these are great , I really like that cropped one of the head :th3:

Why are these not posted on the wildlife forum. ?

Allie
15-02-2012, 2:13am
Why are these not posted on the wildlife forum. ?

Probably because Cargo's partner took these and they were posted out of interest rather than for CC. Thanks for posting them Cargo ... maybe your partner should join AP too! :kewl:

Cargo
15-02-2012, 7:58am
Hi All
Thanks for the comments
# Guinea fowl not a pretty site :(
# What Allie said :D
# Hes pretty good hey :th3: it was him that bought the camera for me ....... Good lad :)
Cheers Cargo

ricktas
15-02-2012, 8:13am
Just a reminder. Any photo you put on AP must be YOUR photograph. The person who presses the shutter button, is the copyright owner of the photo.

Site rules:
[20] Any photograph a member presents on Ausphotography, whether by uploading to the site or displayed directly within the site using the IMG tags must be copyright owned by the member. Breaching copyright is a serious matter with legal implications and could result in an immediate and permanent ban from Ausphotography. Links directing members to other sites, where third-party owned item(s) are displayed, is allowed. If you are linking to a third party's Art (photo etc) for critique/review/opinion, under the Australian copyright act you must acknowledge the author and title of the work, in your post/thread.

I will let this one stay, as obviously the OP has permission from the photographer. But please be aware that you are only supposed to put photos on AP that you have taken, yourself.

Cargo
15-02-2012, 8:40am
Thanks Rick ...
This was the reason I put these in the not for critique, I didn't realise (or read throughly:o) these rules and I knew everything else had to be my photo.
Wont repeat the mistake ... Thanks for the reminder and letting them stay
Cheers Cargo
Ps : Always read the fine print :D

macmich
15-02-2012, 9:53am
it looks as though the guinea fowl did a bit of damage to the snakes head
they might be like sheep and a few other animals that can croak it from stress in no time
cheers macca

rafikicat
15-02-2012, 9:57am
What a beautiful creature.

Ionica
15-02-2012, 10:17am
Beautiful snake, love the shots of the head, and the eye in the last. I saw a huge one of these in Kakadu NP, lying across the road. It almost reached completely across the road, 5m.+ long. Had to stop and wait for it to move off. Very impressive.

Cargo
15-02-2012, 10:51am
They are stunning snakes & Yep they get big alright ... Biggest we have had to deal with was about 12/13 ft :eek: and he had his eye on my geese ....
So he was safely relocated about 20 odd k's away, apparentley you need to take them at least that far or they come back