PDA

View Full Version : New Member!

snyolovciha
12-02-2012, 11:41am
Hi guys! Just a short introduction.. I got into photography in 2008 when I bought my first DSLR, Nikon D40.

It was a great camera to start with because everything was very simple and the functions were self explanatory (probably because I researched like crazy on things like aperture, iso, etc.! I learned way more about photography when I got my camera than from my nights spent in front of the computer reading about it. I started to capture inanimate objects like leaves or anything that didn't move, basically close up photos.

After a few months of taking better photos and still researching on how to take even better ones, I decided to upgrade to a more Intermediate camera. So I upgraded to a Nikon D200, which was what I could afford at that time. This camera had a lot more buttons and functions and I had to increase my knowledge more so this was when I started to get more serious about photography. I asked friends if I could capture their life's milestones such as graduating from University. I had a great stint as a graduation photographer and even earned some cash on the way. I still do it when the season for graduations arrives. But most of all, not to sound cocky, my reputation got higher as a photographer and people started to notice my work.

After experimenting on new gears, I decided to upgrade again and this time to a Canon 5DMK2. So I worked and slaved to save enough and few months down the road, it finally arrived at my door :) And ever since I got this camera, I've had amazing photos and with its high iso ratings, I can literally take photos in the dark. Well, not literally. haha. However, the Nikon D800 just came out and I was like NOOOOOOOO!!! Should've waited just a few more months.. Anyway, that's my story. I hope that Ausphotography can help me improve my skills as a photographer and that I, in turn, can help others when they need help! :) I've seen way too many "photography courses" online but what better way to learn than through sharing!

Sorry I said short introduction but wrote a long one :P

God Bless! :)

ricktas
12-02-2012, 12:11pm
welcome. do not get stuck in the gear upgrade cycle, cause there will always be new gear. enjoy what you have, the D40 can take brilliant photos when used by someone with the skills.

Wayne63
12-02-2012, 3:29pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

Kym
12-02-2012, 3:34pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Also swapping brands can be expensive. Check the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and equipment guide before purchasing - lots of good advice.

bowjac
12-02-2012, 7:36pm
Hi there, and welcome,

The best way to improve is to get out and take photos.

I think I successfully overcame my own "gear freak" urges, and moved my attention to the shot, not he gear.

rwg717
12-02-2012, 10:00pm
Hi there and welcome to AP:D
Richard

flyreels
13-02-2012, 7:26pm
Welcome its a great place with lots of helpful info, enjoy!
Cheers Peter

snyolovciha
14-02-2012, 3:53pm
Thanks guys for your advice and encouragements! :) Hope to see you all in the forums! :)