PDA

View Full Version : My year to take my photography more serious!

trikkytrigger
11-02-2012, 2:19pm
Hi all,

I'm Trikky and i'm from Sydney. It's a pleasure to meet 'ya.

Photography has always interested me. In the last couple of years I have been building up my equipment and now have a decent amount of gear to explore it more. This is the year for me to pursue my hobby (now that time will allow) and to connect with others in the hope of expanding my skills.

I am interested in three types of photography (but certainly not limited to) being portrait photography, landscape and architectural photography. Recently, i have also developed an interest in street photography.

I started evening college recently to help develop a more solid foundation on my knowledge and also to meet other budding photographers. So far so good.

Maybe a bit of assistance, if anyone is willing to assist. I have received my fist project to complete and we are asked to keep our photography work to one of three subjects. Those subjects being: Water, Work or Transport. I will only have about half a day tomorrow to go out and shoot and i'm running short on ideas. My ability to travel is limited as I don't have a car, so I am limited to the inner city. Anyone got any ideas. Tomorrow in Sydney Mardi Gras - Fair Day, so I thought that would be a good place to go and get some interesting photos, but how would I incorporate one of the subject matter? Anyone got any ideas? I will be shooting with a Canon 400D with a Canon EF 50mm lens.

It's great to be here (AP). Looks like a great site, it's just what i have been looking for. I look forward to participating and learning some news skills.

Trikky

Kym
11-02-2012, 2:51pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

trikkytrigger
11-02-2012, 3:35pm
I will certainly do that.

Mark L
11-02-2012, 8:04pm
Welcome Trikky.
If you have a tripod, run a bath tonight (headless nude maybe :)), water the garden in the morning and have a shower tomorrow arvo. :D

ricktas
11-02-2012, 8:37pm
Welcome to AP. Being Mardi-Gras and all, I reckon transport could come to the fore. How about a series on the shoes and boots of those attending. I'm sure they will be some amazing footwear, and most people would love to pose for you showing off their footwear. You could title your project : Walking, a mode of transport:

Whatever you choose, show us some of the photos!

Wayne63
12-02-2012, 7:26am
Welcome to AP Tricky, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

pitdroidtech
14-02-2012, 10:46pm
Enjoy the Mardi-Gras, would love to have a chance to photograph it myself.

ricktas
15-02-2012, 6:21am
How did you go, can we see some of the photos in the critique forums? What did you end up choosing as a subject?