PDA

View Full Version : Another newb

Fran
10-02-2012, 10:11am
Hi, my name is Fran. I live at Yeppoon, Central Queensland. I must be old, because my first camera was a Box Brownie inherited from my brother in the 1960s. I bought my first camera, a Pentax, in 1974, and my first Nikon FA in 1985. I moved into the digital world with an Olympus mu happy snapper in 2003, then bought a Nikon D40 in 2005, and am currently using a Nikon D90 with two Nikkor FX lenses, the 70-200 2.8 and the 24-70 2.8 bought in 2011. I travel (like a good grey nomad should), and end up in a lot of fantastic Australian places. My partner and I have been off the beaten track in our Land Rover in all of the States and Territories, but have concentrated on the north and outback. I like to take photos of birds, and we joined Birdlife Australia earlier this year to try to learn what it is that I am taking photos of. We have done a bit of volunteer work with Qld National Parks and Wildlife which gets us to places that most people miss. Looking forward to being active in the website - but we are also going to be away for months at a time - so I expect to have to rejoin from time to time. Cheers Fran

ricktas
10-02-2012, 10:20am
Welcome to AP Fran. Enjoy the site

Regarding 're-joining', we never delete members accounts, unless specifically requested. Rather your account would go 'inactive' when you head away on your trips and travels. When you do go away and your account goes inactive, you will get an email telling you so, and how to re-activate.

Pull up a chair and join in, show us some of your photography soon.

Mary Anne
10-02-2012, 11:40am
Hi Fran :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Going away for months at a time sound great to me :efelant:
Looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums of our beautiful country and delightful Birds. :th3:

Wayne63
10-02-2012, 1:17pm
:action66: Welcome to AP Fran, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

Kym
10-02-2012, 1:36pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
10-02-2012, 7:43pm
Cheers Fran, nice to have you along:)
Richard

I @ M
10-02-2012, 7:45pm
Very interesting "bio" Fran, welcome to AP and join in when you can. :)

geoffsta
10-02-2012, 7:52pm
I think all is said above Fran. Welcome. As you are a seasoned and experienced photographer, it will interesting to read you constructive critique on our images we present on the site. :th3: