PDA

View Full Version : Newby on the block

Micknmeld
05-02-2012, 8:42am
Hi all,
Just stumbled upon your forum and thought that it is just what I was after. I have worked in the Newspaper industry on the Mid north Coast of NSW for 10 years. I work in advertising, which requires me to take photographs on a regular basis. As the newspaper I work at is only small, we sometimes share the jobs about and occasionally I have to take editorial pics, which offers a challenge, especially when working with groups of kids!!! The camera supplied to me at work is a Nikon D90, which until recently I have only used on Auto for the pics I need. Mainly because I have never really had time to read the owner's manual.
Just before I headed over seas recently, I decided I needed a better camera of my own and not quite able to afford a D90 for myself, I settled for a D3100, which I actually had a read of the manual and have started experimenting with different speed and aperture settings with mixed results.
The 3100 package came with 2 lenses, 18-55 and a 55-200. Whilst overseas I also purchased a Japan Optics Hi Def 1.2 IS wide angle macro lens for it, what a difference that lens has made! US$400 well spent, I am having a ball with this camera now! I am looking forward to learning more about my camera and what it can do via this forum and also by just getting out there and clicking away!
I enjoy nature photography as well as action shots (mainly of motorcycling, as that is another passion of mine).
Thanks for having me aboard!
Cheers
Mick

ricktas
05-02-2012, 8:54am
Welcome to AP Mick, enjoy the site, see you on the forums

Kym
05-02-2012, 9:54am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Micknmeld
05-02-2012, 11:35am
thanks for the welcome, will put some pics up soon.

Wayne63
05-02-2012, 8:41pm
Welcome to AP Mick, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon