PDA

View Full Version : You must have a good camera

Shelley
01-02-2012, 11:57pm
When people see my shots, I often get the comment, "You must have a good camera".

Well this shot is from my camera, what do you think?

My husband took it. I was going for a break and I always ask him to hold my gear. I always find shots like this when I go to process my photos later after birding. Oh, by the way, that is my lucky shirt when birding.

Karl
01-02-2012, 11:59pm
Just needs a levels adjustment and a bit of sharpening and it will be a cracker of a shot :th3::th3::th3:

MarkChap
01-02-2012, 11:59pm
When people see my shots, I often get the comment, "You must have a good camera".

Tell them that you got your camera from the same shop that Picasso got his paints from

Greg Johnston
02-02-2012, 12:02am
Great comment Mark!

cadman
02-02-2012, 12:43am
I will second that Greg. You still have to have the skills and the eye.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

ricktas
02-02-2012, 7:10am
Very lomographic. It is all the rage, don't you know!

bricat
02-02-2012, 7:37am
Always good to see the face behind the name!!!!!

LJG
02-02-2012, 8:29am
Wasn't there a video doing the rounds where Adobe had some future program that would make that shot tack sharp? Then you wouldn't need such a good camera Shelley haha

zollo
02-02-2012, 11:52am
nah I dont believe it. that has been "photoshopped" :p

Lance B
02-02-2012, 1:01pm
What annoys me more is, when some people see my camera and lenses, is, "Gees, that must take good photos!" :scrtch:

fillum
02-02-2012, 1:04pm
I always find shots like this when I go to process my photos later after birding.Is this the first time you've posted one of these shots? I'm curious as to why you chose this particular shot to post?

Cheers.

LJG
02-02-2012, 1:13pm
What annoys me more is, when some people see my camera and lenses, is, "Gees, that must take good photos!" :scrtch:

Yep, same here and my standard reply is "yep, pity I don't though" - the sad bit is its true haha

Ezookiel
02-02-2012, 1:41pm
I left my camera with a bunch of other enthusiasts while I went to the loo and came back to find photos of the butt of another one of the people from the trip, and several other images that had to be deleted pretty quickly.
Not sure I'll be following your lead and putting them up here though.

As for the camera taking the photos, I was showing some photos from that same trip (admittedly only the good ones) to a work colleague, and she said, "Wow, your camera takes great photos" - yeah, it's not like I had much to do with it (actually probably too much truth in that, but Shhhh... don't tell her that) but I had to forgive her, she's a Nikon user, so probably isn't used to good photos ;)

Cyza
02-02-2012, 2:27pm
the one thing more annoying than "you photo shopped that didn't you?

Dylan & Marianne
02-02-2012, 3:39pm
shelley - OMG that's an overprocessed shot lol
You should find out what the person's profession is who made the comment and make a similar comment in return
(eg. author - you must have a great pen!, doctor - you must have a great stethoscope!)

Kym
02-02-2012, 3:59pm
Nice bokeh! But a tad soft :p
It might do well an an abstract comp if you PP it to death. :Doh:

Also it might be the camera, so buy a :plogo: next time !!

Meumerke
02-02-2012, 4:06pm

ARE YOU TEASING US SHELLEY? :lol:

Xenedis
02-02-2012, 6:01pm

You must have the crappiest camera on the planet. Is it a Nikon?

Xenedis
02-02-2012, 6:02pm

People see me with my 300/2.8.

"How much zoom has that got?"

"None."

maccaroneski
02-02-2012, 6:10pm
Even more annoying is "If I had a camera as good as yours I reckon I could take good shots too".

Here! Go for it!

Kym
02-02-2012, 6:12pm
Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D <-- ah ha!! :D
Lens: EF400mm f/5.6L USM
Image Date: 2012-01-15
Focal Length: 400mm
Focus Distance: 76.6m
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160) <-- a bit slow for the FL
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB

Xenedis
02-02-2012, 10:51pm
Occasionally when I show people my images on my iPhone, I am asked if I took the photos with the iPhone.

I really should start answering in the affirmative...

aussie girl
02-02-2012, 11:04pm
I have taken plenty of photos like that one!!! as for one of the other comments made by Ezookiel - quote "yeah, it's not like I had much to do with it "
in my case it's true!!! at this stage I am having very little to do with the photo coz all I am doing at this stage is pushing the shutter button. I have played with the control dial and fiddled with different settings but if I really want to get a half decent pic of the thing I am pointing the camera at, my safety gauge is called "auto"
Better start concentrating on reading those lessons I subscribed to about 12 months ago.
Just wish I had more time to really get stuck in!!

Nice photo - one that I can relate to unfortunately

MiniFighter
02-02-2012, 11:06pm
Nice photo - one that I can relate to unfortunately

Everyone thats posted in this thread can relate to it at on point or another :)

Shelley
02-02-2012, 11:18pm
Is this the first time you've posted one of these shots? I'm curious as to why you chose this particular shot to post?

Cheers.

No particular reason, he always takes shots of me, nothing else. They are always out of focus, blurry, I usually find about six or so when I look through my photos afterwards. Edit: I usually bin them, after laughing. He helps me find birds.

The 400 lens when first using, takes getting used to, remember these are shot from a distance.

Some funny comments everyone, made me smile.

swifty
02-02-2012, 11:36pm
But if you had a Lytro...
Your husband might be saying, hey I must be good I keep nailing the focus.
Then you'd have to come back with, I have a good camera. :)

Mark L
03-02-2012, 10:00pm
Nice photo!
mmmm. No, it's not really.
Nice subject!
And someone needs to get a better camera.:D
Is auto focus turned on when you hand the camera to him?

mikew09
03-02-2012, 11:26pm
I was only having this discussion the other day when I showed a photo to a freind who has a 50D the same as mine and he said, "Man, what a great shot, he must have a 5D or 1D". Not the first time I have struck this so I go to 500px where there is some fantastic photography and filter for photo, taken with Canon 50D - "Look mate, that shot is with the same gear we have 50D and 24-105 L". I usual finish with something like, "The most important piece of equipment is light, but you can buy that, but if you learn to use it with the right composure, you can make a shot look good with an iphone :-).

Just like riding a horse - the most important thing is time in the saddle.