PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Main interests Aerial & Landscape photography

FionaK
29-01-2012, 2:30pm
Hi All,

My name is Fiona and I'm a new member to the AP website.

I'm very much the beginning photographer. While i get the odd great shot, most of my images are at a stage where they are good, but could be better.

I currently use an Olympus SP-500UZ which I bought nearly 6 years ago as my first ever digital camera. While I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a new camera - most likely a DSLR - I don't see the point at the moment as I'm still trying to understand how to use the manual setting on my Olympus. I don't feel I should be upgrading my camera until I upgrade my skills!

I'm very fortunate to have the opportunitiy to frequently take photos from the air. In the last year, this has included places like Lake Eyre, The Grampians, The Great Ocean Road and various islands around Bass Straight. While some of the views are fantastic, I don't feel I do them justice and capture them properly at times. So I'm very much after tips to taking better aerial photos, as well as landscapes.

I really enjoy photography as a hobby, I just want to take my images to a higher level. I'm hoping that some pointers from other keen photographers on this forum will help with that!

I look forward to comments and suggestions about my photos once I begin to upload them. I currently use Picasa as an online photo gallery. Is this ok, or are there others better for use in this forum?

Cheers

Fiona

Kerrie
29-01-2012, 2:35pm
Welcome :)

ricktas
29-01-2012, 2:39pm
Welcome to AP. Pull up a chair and join right in. See you on the forums Fiona.

Kym
29-01-2012, 5:28pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Check the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and equipment guide before purchasing - lots of good advice.

Pup
29-01-2012, 5:34pm
welcome to AP enjoy your stay