PDA

View Full Version : New Girl!

Rosa
22-01-2012, 1:43pm
Hello to all,

My name is Rosa, I'm not only new to this site but a beginner at taking photos on a camera other than a small point and shoot. I have just purchased my first SLR 550D three weeks ago. Reading lots and trying out settings is what I'm about at the moment. I'm being very good and doing what the book tells me and that's learning settings and not putting the camera on auto. I'm really looking forward to constructive feedback, tips and pointers from other members.

:flowersnap: Rosa

ricktas
22-01-2012, 2:06pm
Welcome to AP Rosa. Don't try and learn everything about your 550D at once. Learn about a feature, then go practice it. Once you understand that one, move onto the next feature. Your mind will boggle if you try and learn it all at once.

See you on the forums

Kym
22-01-2012, 3:05pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

MiniFighter
22-01-2012, 3:46pm
Hi Rosa, welcome to the AP family :)

As Rick mentioned, learn about each setting one at a time, practice then move onto the next. Theres just too much info in them manuals to take in all at once!

Enjoy!

Wayne.

Rosa
22-01-2012, 5:46pm
Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the tip guys, I will keep that in mind as I wade though the many learning opportunity's in front of me.

Rosa :rose:

Roddy3030
22-01-2012, 5:47pm
Welcome aboard. Nice 550D, me to have only had an SLR for a month now, plenty to learn here. Try out the competitions, you might suprise yourself as I did. Cheers.

Rosa
22-01-2012, 5:48pm
Just trying to get my head round getting a photo up loaded. Not sure how to go about it. I did put one up but now not sure where it is.

Wayne63
22-01-2012, 5:55pm
:action66: Welcome Rosa, If you go to the library section and have a look in the "How Do I" section.

MiniFighter
22-01-2012, 6:09pm
Just trying to get my head round getting a photo up loaded. Not sure how to go about it. I did put one up but now not sure where it is.

A Photobucket account is by far the easiest way to post images. Its also free.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help with setting one up. More than happy to help.

Wayne.

Rosa
22-01-2012, 8:49pm
Thanks Wayne, I have just downloaded Photobucket, in the process of putting some pics on it to have a play with. Photos soon I hope. :rose: