PDA

View Full Version : Hinchinbrook island ??

matt shepherd
19-01-2012, 8:56am
Hey guys,

I am thinking about planning a solo trek around Hinchinbrook Island purely for photography and also for some time in nature by my self. So just wondering if any one on here has been there and would recommend going for capturing seascape/landscape images ???

Cheers Matt Shepherd

Karl
19-01-2012, 9:37am
Matt -I lived in Townsville for many years and would recommend it as there is some fantastic scenary there. Oh and if you get a chance do a dive on Pelours Island ;);)

Karl

Art Vandelay
19-01-2012, 10:57am
Yep. Jurassic Park. Unspoilt and totally back to nature.

You'd be doing the Thosborne Trail ? I think they recommend 3 or 4 days to do it. Whilst I haven't walked the trail, by boat I fish in the area regularly & sometimes camp at Macushla up the northern end, or Zoe bay on the eastern side. Leave it until the cooler months. More bearable & it wont rain as much.

Let me know when you're up this way & I'll see if I can plan a day to be up there. Maybe able to organise to do a run around up a couple of the creeks or something.

matt shepherd
20-01-2012, 7:54am
Thanks heaps for the info guys.

Art, I am not sure what the track would be called as I haven't really done any research yet but I will let you know if I end up getting there.

Thanks again - Matt

Wazza999
21-01-2012, 10:07pm
Not really a word of caution, but be prepared for sandflies (biting midges). Only ever been fishing in the Hinchinbrook Passage, but friends who've camped and bush walked on the island usually came back either well chewed or well bathed in DEET.