PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new member!

Kitah
17-01-2012, 10:24pm
Hi all!

As said in the title, just another newbie checking in!

A short while ago I won an 'encouragement award' from a photography competition and the prize was a Canon 600D with the 18-55mm and 55-250mm IS twin lens kit. I have wanted an SLR so I can further my photography for years but being a full time university student, it was a bit out of my reach! Until recently I had been using a fuji finepix S5700 and then the S1600 when the old 5700 died. I loved experimenting with the manual settings and would love to learn more!

I'm originally from the Gold Coast, but moved to Townsville for 5 years to study at James Cook University. I've now finished my degree and will be moving back to the Gold Coast.

My favourite areas of photography are basically to do with nature- scenery and wildlife. I love going out in the bush to find reptiles, birdlife and anything else I can find to photograph!

Anyway, I do believe I've already typed too much, so shall stop. I look forward to cruising and posting on this forum :efelant:
- Laura

ricktas
17-01-2012, 10:27pm
Welcome to AP Laura. See you, and your photos, on the forums soon

MiniFighter
17-01-2012, 10:28pm
Hi Laura, welcome to the AP family.

Looking forward to seeing your shots!

Wayne.

Kym
18-01-2012, 8:51am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun! Maybe try a competition or 2.

Wayne63
18-01-2012, 1:17pm
:action66: Welcome to AP Laura, there is a lot of info in the library section on here that would be of interest to you. Hope to see you in the forums soon.

GeckPhotographer
18-01-2012, 6:08pm
Welcome, enjoy the forum and take many pictures of geckos for me to enjoy. ;)

Mark L
18-01-2012, 10:34pm
G'day Laura.
You've found a good place to learn, contribute and generally get involved with.
There's even some people here who like cats. :D

Kitah
19-01-2012, 12:33am
Thanks guys :)

And Mark, its ok, I won't usually post pictures of my cats, I know theres some people that don't like them ;)