PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new lens

Marika
11-01-2012, 1:19pm
Has anyone here had any experience buying online through eGlobal? If so please tell me of your experience.
..and yep, I understand the company is HongKong based and import their goods, and that items dont come with manufacturer's warranty but will have a 2 yr cover from eGlobal its' self.

*Mods, if this thread breaches the forum rules then perhaps any respondents can PM me their replies?

Cheers :)

ice
11-01-2012, 2:10pm
Hey! I bought my landscape 10-22mm from e-global and didnt have ANY problems with them. It arrived within 3 days and i tracked it the whole way online :)

The other hong kong company i've used are DWI (the best imo, and usually the cheapest- check them out!)

KeeFy
11-01-2012, 2:19pm
Has anyone here had any experience buying online through eGlobal? If so please tell me of your experience.
..and yep, I understand the company is HongKong based and import their goods, and that items dont come with manufacturer's warranty but will have a 2 yr cover from eGlobal its' self.

*Mods, if this thread breaches the forum rules then perhaps any respondents can PM me their replies?

Cheers :)

I just purchased a 16-35L II from DWI. Quick shipping no hickups. Paid $35 for mack exntended warranty for 3 additional years (note: not the diamond warranty) which will be covered by Canon Australia.

knumbnutz
11-01-2012, 2:22pm
+1 for DWI, just bought nikon1 camera from them $350/30% cheaper than local.

dredi1975
11-01-2012, 2:38pm
Hi, I did use Duty Free Central to buy my speedlite 580 EXII - no problems at all, delivered in 4 days, tracked and 40% cheaper than local retail shop, and DigitalRev to buy 100mm L macro lens - very efficient, quick(4 days as well) and again about 30-40% cheaper than local shop.
Good luck
Maciek

ice
11-01-2012, 8:32pm
Actually yes, i've used them as well- no problems with them.

Puzz1e
13-01-2012, 1:29am
DWI and E-Glibal are both popular and used by a lot of Australian photographers! You can buy from them with confidence. Of you want a shop front which provides grey imports then check out d-d-photographics...though they are not as cheap.

CarlR
13-01-2012, 11:37am
+1 DWI for a SB-700 speedlight.
Arrived in a few days.

cadman
13-01-2012, 12:03pm
Just bought a Tamron 18-200mm lens from eglobal and had no problems. They shipped it Monday and I got it Wednesday afternoon. Tracked it all the way on the Fedex website. Best though to chat online first to see if they have stock.
I have also bought lenses from DWI without provlems as well. The Tamron lens was $159 from eglobal and over here the cheapest was around $400 so even with $55 shipping it was quite a savings :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

pghollis1
15-01-2012, 12:57am
Used E-Global to buy my Nikon D5100 plus 18-105 lens. No problems. Happy so far.

ricktas
15-01-2012, 9:19am
EGlobal are an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. I have approached DWI several times regarding their favourable reviews on AP, and asking them about interest in advertising on AP, they have never replied, not even to say, no thanks.

cadman
15-01-2012, 12:05pm
EGlobal are an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. I have approached DWI several times regarding their favourable reviews on AP, and asking them about interest in advertising on AP, they have never replied, not even to say, no thanks.

eGlobal are generally cheaper than DWI but don't always have the stuff in stock.

KeeFy
15-01-2012, 5:02pm
Only problem with eglobal is their warranty returns. Do a google on whirlpool forum topics and you'll get a good read. You'll have to pay for shipping back to HK which would easily offset the savings. DWI has a local office in Sydney which you ship to or drop the item at. Good for people located in SYD.

Lastly i'd recommend the 3 year extended warranty (not diamond) which is cheap for what it is. 3 years additional coverage ontop of the existing cover from Canon Australia. Lenses below $5000 is $35 from DWI or $28 from Ebay. I've purchased it for all my L lenses and it's worth every penny should anything go wrong other than me damaging it accidentally.

flame70
16-01-2012, 2:37am
i've had to claim twice on two different mack warranties in the past and i found that they put every obstacle in front of you they could to deter you from claiming. Not answering communication, then very late replies, denying the existance of policy, stating it didn't cover it. Only the threat of legal action sped up the process. In the end i got canon australia to come to the party which helped with the claims however i'm pretty sure they won't touch warranty issues anymore unless its bought in australia.

ice
18-01-2012, 3:07pm
i've had to claim twice on two different mack warranties in the past and i found that they put every obstacle in front of you they could to deter you from claiming. Not answering communication, then very late replies, denying the existance of policy, stating it didn't cover it. Only the threat of legal action sped up the process. In the end i got canon australia to come to the party which helped with the claims however i'm pretty sure they won't touch warranty issues anymore unless its bought in australia.

who was that? eglobal or DWI?

Kerrie
18-01-2012, 6:03pm
B&H are selling the d15 limited now for 509...... Can I mention that?

flame70
19-01-2012, 12:52am
Neither, when you have a mack warranty issue you only deal with mack. The companies that sold you the warranty aren't interested so you have to contact Mack themselves in America.

ice
19-01-2012, 1:20pm
oh i see! That's not good... :/