PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

csmith
06-01-2012, 4:07pm
Hi everyone,

I am yet another of the newbies that the new year has brought onto the forums. I'm looking forward to being part of a photography community.

I enjoy all aspects of photography and love learning new techniques. My biggest wish is that I had a little bit more spare time (is there anyone who doesn't feel this way??!), because I feel as though my camera spends far too long sitting in its bag. Surely such a lethargic lifestyle has to be bad for its health ;). One of my aims is to try and grab the camera out more often - let's see how I go. New years resolutions never really work well with me.

I have a Canon 50D with three lenses - 18-200mm, 100mm macro and 10-20mm. I did an introductory 'using your SLR' day course a few months ago to grasp the basics but mostly just experiment with the settings myself to find what works... nothing is more exciting than uploading the images from the camera to the computer and finding a photo that "works!!" In particular, I love macro photography. It's completely absorbing and several hours can pass without me even noticing. I have the most difficulty with people photos. I can never quite seem to "capture the right moment" as more often than not, someone is blinking or in the middle of eating a fly or something similarly awkward... ahh well, practice makes perfect I suppose.

Looking forward to sharing with you!

Cleo

Kym
06-01-2012, 4:22pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

ricktas
06-01-2012, 5:21pm
Welcome to AP Cleo, pull up a chair, join in, share some of your photos with us

dt86vyss
06-01-2012, 11:32pm
Hey there, welcome to the forum! You will learn lots here, hope to see some of your work soon!