PDA

View Full Version : G'day..

mo0ks
03-01-2012, 12:01am
I'm a thirty-something single male from Tamborine Mountain QLD. Hmm.. why do I all-of-a-sudden feel like I'm filling out an online dating form here?

Ok.. I am definitely a novice photographer. I have been taking photos while bushwalking for a few years now.. but only with a compact point and shoot. I also travelled around Europe in April last year. The photos were ok (I guess).. but they could have been so much better.

With the hope of improving my photographic knowledge and skillset.. I did some research and decided it was the right time to invest in an SLR.

I bought myself an EOS 1100D twin lens kit from christmas. Yes it's about as basic as an SLR gets.. but it's an entry level kit.. and that's just fine for me atm.

Right.. that's all for now. Cheers for reading.

Markus

ricktas
03-01-2012, 6:16am
Welcome to AP Markus, see you on the forums

simonw
03-01-2012, 11:05am
Nothing wrong with starting with the basic gear, but be warned... after a while on here you will be adding all sorts of bits and pieces to that camera!

mo0ks
03-01-2012, 2:13pm
Cheers ricktas! I appreciate the warm welcome ;)

mo0ks
03-01-2012, 2:29pm
Hey simonw! Thanks for the warning.. but I'm afraid I'm already eyeing off the next bits for my kit.. starting with a decent flash.. and a lens with a large aperture.

Kym
03-01-2012, 4:16pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

mo0ks
03-01-2012, 5:05pm
Hi Kym.. and thank you! I will post photos shortly for some much needed cc ;)

selaw
03-01-2012, 9:22pm
G'day Markus & welcome to AP. Plenty of great spots around Mt Tamborine to test your skills. Hope to see you in the cc forums soon :)