PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Penrith / Sydney

Chimbu
28-12-2011, 1:39pm
My name's Ross, originally from Port Moresby / PNG. I'm a Junior High School Science teacher, happily married with 3 young adult kids and I love the outdoors (eg. bushwalking, camping, canoeing, hunting and landscape photography). I've owned about 6 cameras over the past 45 years (my favourite's now a museum piece - a '75 35mm Minolta SRT Super equipped with several lenses); I'm currently using my first digital, a Canon Powershot G10, but wouldn't mind one day getting something more versatile like a Pentax K5 DSLR. I'm also keen to investigate the notion of converting my numerous 35mm colour slides to digital and thereafter tinkering around with them using Photoshop - much like I do now with pics taken with my G10.

NikonNellie
28-12-2011, 1:50pm
Hi and Welcome to AP Ross. Looking forward to viewing some of your images in the forums. Keep an eye out in the NSW Calendar for "Meets" - a group of us meet regularly for photo shoots within the Sydney area and we would love for some new members to come along and join us. :)

Kym
28-12-2011, 3:07pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

ricktas
28-12-2011, 5:33pm
Welcome, pull up a chair and join right in

flyreels
28-12-2011, 9:48pm
Welcome its a great place with lots of helpful info, enjoy!
Cheers Peter

Chimbu
29-12-2011, 8:33am
Sincere thanks for the warm welcome to this rather promising Aussie shutterbug site. Also, thanks to Rick I've finally managed to post several pics from Photobucket. As mentioned, I'd dearly love to 'digitalise' and submit some of my old 35mm colour slides in the near future - once I figure out a cost efficient procedure (eg. Epsom V500 Photo, Canon CS9000F, or suggested alternatives). I dearly miss the premeditative hands on mechanical art of using a 35mm SLR and in turn, I'm honestly not overly experienced with the effective use of my Canon G10. Hopefully I'll pick up some valuable usage insights from the more experienced digital oriented photographers on this site and then feel confident enough to lash out on a DSLR.
Cheers, Ross.