PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Piccino
27-12-2011, 6:24pm
My interest in photography started long ago with an Ensign Ful-Vue twin lens reflex, a simple camera. It took 120 size film and I developed and printed and eventually enlarged the photographs myself. I moved onto a Zeiss Contaflex SLR, had a dabble with Minox B, used a 1/4 plate Thornton field camera and eventually moved to digital which I love. At the moment I use a Nikon D7000 which I find is excellent. No front or back focus problems, no oil on the sensor etc. It's a great camera. I have a Nikkor 18-200 F3.5-5.6 which I find good but sometimes a little soft. I bought a prime Nikkor 50mm f1.4G and a whole new world opened up ! It's as sharp as a tack and I enjoy using it, its superb in low light conditions.

Most of my photography is related to my breeding and exhibiting Italian Greyhounds. I require tack sharp images of the hounds with exposure spot on and while composition is not always required in reference photos I am always willing to learn new ideas.

My main reason for joining Australian Photography is to further develop my skills in post processing. I have used Nikon's Capture NX1 and NX2, read most of Jason O'Dells work on the NX processing but still feel that there is much that I do not fully understand and under utilise. There does not appear to be many people using CNX software so I hope that I will find some on this site.

I look forward to hearing from them.

Regards,

Piccino

Wayne63
27-12-2011, 10:48pm
:action66: Welcome to AP Piccino

ricktas
28-12-2011, 8:20am
Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some of your photos

Kym
28-12-2011, 4:19pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

gerry
28-12-2011, 6:27pm
hey Piccino, great intro, I am also in Newtown and whilst I have very little interest in Greyhounds, but it sounds like a interestign photographic experience to capture show dogs.

I also use CNX2 and have the D7000, if your every keen for a local meetup drop me a line.

Welcome to aus photography

flyreels
28-12-2011, 10:49pm
Welcome its a great place with lots of helpful info, enjoy!
Cheers Peter

Piccino
29-12-2011, 12:53pm
Hi Gerry
Would be interested in a meetup in Newtown. What times are best for you?
Mike (Piccino)

gerry
29-12-2011, 1:35pm
Hi Gerry
Would be interested in a meetup in Newtown. What times are best for you?
Mike (Piccino)

The weekends are usually best for me! I reckon start a thread for a Newtown meetup and we will see who else comes outta the woodwork! There are plenty of places to meet in Newtown and always interesting people subjects ;)

kleinpark
31-12-2011, 12:24am
Hi & welcome to this great site :action66:
I have to say I love your dogs, I met Thriller at Young KC show last month & took a few pics of him, he's just gorgeous :th3:.
I look forward to seeing some of your photos of your dogs
Cheers Sue