PDA

View Full Version : Well hello there!

Dyllyssa
23-12-2011, 9:37pm
Hey all!
Im a busy mum of 5 children who is passionate about photography. I've started a diploma to try and learn about the science behind the art.
I have recently started my own photography company as I was constantly getting people offering me a fee to shoot their event or family. It's going fantastically but I'm on a steep learning curve and want to learn as much information from every source I have available to me!
Im currently shooting with a canon 600d but am currently looking for a new setup.
Look forward to picking everyone's brains ;)

thinkpic
23-12-2011, 10:12pm
Welcome!

It sounds like you are doing very well!

Depending on the number of Cannon lenses you have, your budget and how far up the food chain you want to climb, you could decide to move up from the APS-C sensor of the 600-D to a full frame sensor.

If you decide to do this you could either stay with Cannon with its remarkably good value full frame sensor 5DMkii (which has great video functionality and is relatively good value) or move over to a Nikon FX sensor with a Nikon D700 (superior focussing and low light photography). Myself, I love the shallow depth of field and subtle gradients of colour and B&W that FX sensors allow. Both of the above cameras are due any second to upgrade to what are rumoured to be Cannon 5D MKiii or Nikon D800. The D800 is rumoured to have a huge megapixel count though this is only really needed if you are blowing up huge pics that require minute detail.

If you could afford either of the new bodies and a couple of full frame lenses you would be extremely well served for years.

Because in the end your lenses are your most important asset I think your decision between APS-C or full frame sensor is your most important consideration. good luck and happy shopping!

Redbaron
23-12-2011, 10:42pm
Welcome aboard D, plenty of good information here - work out what you want/need as a "pro-tog", have a look in the camera gear sections and post away.

Enjoy

Kym
23-12-2011, 11:30pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Mark L
23-12-2011, 11:40pm
Welcome Dyllyssa.
"Look forward to" you "picking everyone's brains."

Dyllyssa
24-12-2011, 12:46am
Thanks guys!
Ive uploaded two pics :eek:
Apprehensive but looking forward to being critiqued!
Merry Christmas :santa: