PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ausphotographers

OlyMario
23-12-2011, 12:31pm
Hi

I'm Mario, and I'm a photoholic.

I bought an Olympus OM2 in 1980 and used it for 24 years. After a couple of years of trying to be a "serious" photographer, I just became a snapper . In 2004 I bought my first digital - a Canon compact - intending to use it for "snapshots", while keeping the Olympus for "serious" work. Seduced by the whole digital experience, I didn't take another shot with the OM2 and eventually parted with it via flea-bay.

3.5 years ago, I overheard a work colleague ask another if he knew of anyone interested in buying a camera. I jumped in and found that on offer was an Olympus E-500 twin lens kit for a price too good to ignore. I bought it, and have found "serious" photography in the digital age far more addictive than I ever imagined.

Since then, I have:

Had shooting photos and reading about photography jump ahead of many other interests
Had a severe case of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome)
Joined a camera club (Caulfied Photographic society)
Started looking at photos from a perspective of "which monthly club competition topic will this fit into"
Found out that shooting Olympus puts me in a priveliged minority :rolleyes:

I mostly shoot things which don't object to having a camera pointed at them. I'm trying to develop the front to do more street and people shooting, but it's slow progress.

You can find some of my work here *removed: members with less than 30 days membership and 50 posts cannot link to other photography forums*
See you round Melbourne

Mario

ricktas
23-12-2011, 1:58pm
Welcome to AP Mario. see you on the forums

Kym
23-12-2011, 2:43pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Mark L
23-12-2011, 11:29pm
Welcome Mario.

Started looking at photos from a perspective of "which monthly club competition topic will this fit into"
Sounds like you'll get involved in the AP comps. Good judges here.:th3:
Hope to see some of your photos in the forums as well.