PDA

View Full Version : New from Arnhemland.

Govite
20-12-2011, 12:26pm
Gday everyone,
I am new to photography, dabbled in it when I was younger with a film camera (pentax MZ50) but that is it. I have been given permission from the minster for finance and home affairs, to buy a new camera. I have been looking around in my price range and believe I have a good camera in mind: nikon d7000 with 18-55 f3.5-5.6 & 55-300 f4.5-5.6 nikkor VR. So I am sure I will be asking a lot of noob questions and getting some feedback on different shots etc.
Now to order my new beast.

Cheers
J

Wayne63
20-12-2011, 1:27pm
:action66: Govite, enjoy the site. Look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums.

William
20-12-2011, 1:36pm
:lol:Ha Ha !! Govite, Get out to Melville Bay, Cape Arnhem, The Surf Club, The Yacht Club etc, Plenty of photo Ops up there , Enjoy AP , Looking forward to seeing some images soon - Bill :D

Govite
20-12-2011, 1:50pm
I take it you have been up this way, Bill. I have been here for a few years and I reckon the yachties at sunset is awesome, particularly in the build up. I am just watching a wicked storm come in from Yirrkala, would be great shot from Mt Saunders lookout, love the colour contrast. Wish I had my camera now, oh well just have to wait for the courier to get it here. - J.

William
20-12-2011, 1:57pm
Whats the name of the Beach with the Rocky Headland just out of town, That would have some possibiltys , Yes mate I was there from 88 to 91 , In those days I was single and stayed at Gove House :( When we got time off we had some good times , Sailing out to the Wessel Islands etc , Cape Arnhem etc , Then it was run by "Nabalco" Yotha Yindi band used to play at the Walkabout Hotel out the back

PS : Got it , East Woody , Some great untouched rocks here

Govite
20-12-2011, 2:16pm
The place is owned by RIO TINTO now (for the moment anyway). I have had a few meals at GH we call it sizzlers :) , but I haven't had to live there. We luckily have a house.
There is several beaches close by middle beach and wirrawuy are just out near the golf club, but I think you might be talking about Macassins or Little Bondi (they are about 20-30 mins).

Whoops didn't see your update. Yeah the little island off East Woody (crocodile creek) looks great when the sun is low over it.

William
20-12-2011, 2:22pm
Any way when that "Courier" Arrives , Get out and take some shots , Post them in the main CC Forum of your choice , Will be good to see if there are any changes to the place , I'm guessing seeing the Land owners have been there for 10,000 yrs or more , Probably not :D

Kym
20-12-2011, 6:55pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!