PDA

View Full Version : Sydney AP Cricket Team

Darey
19-12-2011, 9:53pm
Yesterday a few of the Sydney AP members attended a Christmas get together and mini shoot session.
We had a good turn-out of the usual active members but would have loved to see more new faces turn-up.
I am sure that those that did attend had as good a time as I did. :)

We chatted a lot, laughed a lot, ate plenty of food (Ness those strawberries were delightful and Lynn those chocolates were yummy :th3:), shot the Homebush Bay wreck late in the afternoon but, the funniest thing was when we got our old bodies on the field and tries to play a game of muck around Cricket. :D
There is no better way than trying to hit or chase a ball to be reminded just how much we have changed over the year. :o (Ok I'll say it "how bloody old we are getting") :cool:

Following are a few snaps of some of our our "Cricket Team" members in action.

#1 Danielle (Ness' "Sunset" ) daughter showing us how to hit a ball.

#2 Ness' hubby having a hit with a nice straight batting action.

#3 Ness in action. Need I say any more?

#4 Paul (Racoon) in full swing.

#5 And last but not lease Pater (PeterB666) busy fielding ?

Kym
19-12-2011, 9:55pm
:santa: Looks like fun!

I like the catching device Peter is holding :D

MiniFighter
19-12-2011, 10:29pm
Looks like a great time, would love to attend one sometime :o

Peter, that thing looks like it would require its own postcode?

Darey
20-12-2011, 12:25pm
Kym,
We had good fun and one of the hits went close enough to Peter for him to catch it in his "catching device" but well age does slow us down a bit.

MiniFighter,
We have a lot of fun when we get together, it would be nice to have you join us. Maybe we can arrange a future meet near Gosford or The Enterance some day. ( Just had a thought, Sommersby Falls may be a good spot to meet.)

peterb666
20-12-2011, 12:26pm
It is a pity Darey didn't get a shot of the big one I had in reserve.

Great photos. :th3: Must get mine processed - there are some interesting head shots in my lot. :rolleyes:

William
20-12-2011, 1:19pm
Good one guys , Good to see you Sydney siders having a great time :th3:

Mary Anne
20-12-2011, 1:51pm
It looks like a lot of fun and its wonderful to see some of our Sydney Members having a great day :th3:

sunset
20-12-2011, 2:03pm
OK so my action isn't the most conventional but at least I'm concentrating :D Great pics Greg.
It was a fun afternoon. Thanks everyone.

raccoon
21-12-2011, 7:23am
maybe we could sub for the aussie cricket team in the boxing day test. I think we showed some potential..

sunset
21-12-2011, 11:28pm
maybe we could sub for the aussie cricket team in the boxing day test. I think we showed some potential..

:lol:

raccoon
06-01-2012, 8:04am
I must say,
I think the Aussie cricket team were spying on our game, as some of the strokes, Clarke, Ponting and Hussey were playing over the last few days were very similar to those shown at our match.
Also i think our bowlers took notice of Danielle's bowling action as well..
:lol::lol::lol::lol: