PDA

View Full Version : Humble Start

William
19-12-2011, 11:18am
Our first day at the Markets yesterday at Burleigh Heads : http://thevillagemarketsgc.com.au/about-the-village-markets-gold-coast-designer-fashion-market/ , This is a shot of our stall, We have to get some banners made up for next time and a better way to display our product , Sold a few prints , Which was good , Our internet site will be up and running Mid January , I guess you could say this is step One , Humble beginnings , But you have to start somewhere - Bill

PS : BTW Thats my son Joel (JSP) and my partner Karen working hard :xmas31:

JSP
19-12-2011, 11:32am
I have ideas for a hanging system for the framed work, but I have to get my mate to knock up some sort of shelving for the sticky boarded prints? :cool:

reflect
19-12-2011, 11:47am
Is that the market at the primary school, mate, if so I'll see you there next time its on. I am hoping to be home for most of January ( probably dillusional)

William
19-12-2011, 11:56am
Yes Andrew, L/H side on the lower road heading north, Be good to see you there as well and to meet you , Bring a heap of Friends :D:th3:

mongo
19-12-2011, 1:53pm
Gosh , you would think it was Mongo’s own business – he is just wrapped and thrilled for you Bill. Great believer that talent, passion and effort should always be deservedly rewarded. Mongo hopes your business really takes off and most of all, makes you happy.

Remember we small Mongos when you make BIG :th3:

BTW just think of all the things (present and future) that have just potentially become tax deductible !!

Mary Anne
19-12-2011, 3:05pm
This is wonderful Bill and all the Best to you all :th3:

Michaela
19-12-2011, 3:08pm
From little things, big things grow! :D Best wishes for the venture, Bill, and I hope you have great success! :th3:

NikonNellie
19-12-2011, 3:11pm
I am very excited for you Bill. I wonder if you bought a couple of black cloths to drape over the tables would maybe enhance the display of images. I would even go as far as placing a few seaside props on the table - eg. nice shells, star fish, fish netting, etc. I used to display my pottery for sale at market stalls and I was always pleased I went that little bit further in putting on a good display - I used to get lots of comments about it and quite a few sales. You may think it's a "girlie" thing to do though. :D

William
19-12-2011, 3:17pm
Thanks Narelle, All ideas and tips taken on board, I dont care if it's a Girly thing, If it makes sales. fine by me !! :th3:

Debom
19-12-2011, 3:38pm
Hi Bill, sorry I have been MIA for a while, work has been totally insane and with the lead up to christmas I think the definination of time for me has been forgotton - I just hope that I can still remember how to use the cameral...lol! -definately looking forward to the chrissy break!

Congratulations Bill that is awesome! well done! Have to agree with Narelle about the cloths and a few props, that would make your work pop out & people will be attracted to it because they can see what it might look like hanging in their home. Its so true that from little things big things grow! You deserve to do really well...Good on you Bill...

Deb

Cage
19-12-2011, 3:42pm
Good on ya mate!

I hope it takes off and exceeds your wildest expectations.

I did the local market circuit for a couple of years and it can be very good at times. but a little hard to predict. Like one trip you do bugger all. and then the next time round you run out of stock.

:gl:

William
19-12-2011, 3:49pm
Thanks Kev, I'm expecting our main sales will be off the Web Site with the Shopping cart set up, Funny thing I did have some enquiries regarding tutition in this kind of Seascaping as well , Something to look at :xmas31:PS : Already got people signing up to recieve the daily Email

old dog
19-12-2011, 5:04pm
nice family portrait....er landscape Bill. Hard work those markets...did a little bit long ago with wood. I wish you all the very best in your venture.

outstar79
19-12-2011, 5:07pm
I'm with everyone else, when I'm sure you go ahead in leaps and bounds Bill! :th3:

Elvie
19-12-2011, 5:15pm
I too wish you all the very best for a successful market experience and agree with Nikon Nellie the black cloth will enhance the display. Good Luck Bill. Elvie

dbax
19-12-2011, 5:46pm
Hey Bill, looking good, I have a "crazy" friend who sells artwork at those and other local markets, I'll let her know your there and to keep an eye out for you, she may have some tips to pass on.:th3:

jdreamer
19-12-2011, 6:30pm
Good luck for everything! :)

selaw
19-12-2011, 11:16pm
Wow Bill, congrats on the stall & web venture. Looks impressive and looking forward to seeing how it all goes in the future. Wishing you the very best :th3:

nuoz
19-12-2011, 11:23pm
Congratulations Bill, all the best for your new adventure, you will do well as you are doing what you love. Small business is great, been in it for 36 yrs, hard work at times but satisfying. A good time, just before christmas. :th3:
Merry Christmas and cheers for 2012...:santa: :beer_mug: :beer_mug:
Rosemary

mikew09
19-12-2011, 11:28pm
Well done Bill, looks like you are off to a good start. Hope it takes you where you want to go.

MiniFighter
19-12-2011, 11:40pm
Well done mate, most have already mentioned it...but, good luck. going off that image in post#12 im sure you'll have no problem selling these, i always love reading your threads and viewing your pics (over and over again)

Very inspiring to say the least.

PS can i sign up for the newsletter :o

Well done!

Wayne.

William W
21-12-2011, 3:56pm
Good Oh!.
Break a leg.

WW