PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Newcastle Newbie

Slammin Sammy
17-12-2011, 11:10pm
Hi all,

My name's Sam, and I've been a photo nut for some time. My collection of film prints and transparencies fills boxes in several cupboards at home, and now that I've discovered DSLRs (I'm not a dinosaur, but I am slow on the uptake ;-), I'm filling up a 1Tb HDD very quickly.

Of course, I realise quantity doesn't equate to quality, but I love blazing away with my D7000, bracketing shots, trying alternative approaches and exploring the capabilities of the gear. Hopefully, all of that activity might produce a few pleasing images -although I'd like to increase my strike rate ;-).

I'm a geologist and 4WD beach and bush camper, and I love landscape and macro capturing of the natural environmment. But I'm very keen to expand my horizons, especially into portraiture and studio work. I'm also falrly unskilled at Photoshop processing, and I'm contemplating taking a course to learn the basics.

These days the quality of hobbyist photography is extraordinary, and the prospect of "exposing" my work to the learned inhabitants of this community is daunting, but I'm game! I look forward to participating fully in the forum, and learning heaps along the way.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Kym
17-12-2011, 11:50pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Nothing wrong with using digital volume of shots to get what you need. Esp. for wildlife, sport and so forth.
Use what the tech lets you do.

Mark L
18-12-2011, 8:49pm
Welcome Sam.
Good intro, and based on what you've said, you'll find AP and it's members a great help.:th3:

old dog
18-12-2011, 9:01pm
good for you Sam....enjoy it all. Learning is such great fun. from another Newy nut...with a D7k.