PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and camera repairs

morgs202
09-12-2011, 5:29pm
Hi all, new to the site and wasn't sure where to post this. I have a canon 60D that I've owned for a little over a year now. Recently the rubber coating that is on the grip on the right hand front side of the camera has begun to come unstuck. Does anyone know of anywhere in Brisbane that would be able to fix this? I tried searching the site but it said I wasn't aloud as I had not yet made a post. Hope I've posted this in the right area and advance apologies if not!

Cheers

Morgs

ricktas
09-12-2011, 6:07pm
Welcome. Canon closed their Brisbane office about 12-18 months ago. There are some repairers around still in the greater Brisbane area that can do this. Some of the AP members in your area might reply with details, or your other option is to contact Canon Service in Sydney and ship it down to them

morgs202
09-12-2011, 7:08pm
Cool! Thanks for that!

J.davis
10-12-2011, 1:01am
I believe that Andersons in Capallaba are now doing Canon repairs.

KeeFy
11-12-2011, 12:34am
If you feel handy a little thin double sided tape will be a quick fix. :) If you want to use glue then contact adhesive is good as well, the kind you use for shoe soles. As long as you don't use Superglue.

I've stripped a few cameras apart and so far all the rubber grips i've reattached with either 3m double sided tape (the thin whitish translucent kind) or contact adhesive and all of them has held strong. :)

Bennymiata
12-12-2011, 12:11pm
The rubber around the grip is coming loose on my 60D too, but I just ignore it.

Cage
12-12-2011, 12:37pm
Hi Morgs and welcome to AP.

I found the font you chose to use pretty hard to read. :geek: And OK, I'm an old fart who wears glasses.

Maybe pick another, or just go with the default font.