PDA

View Full Version : printing watermarks

Danielle10
06-12-2011, 6:59am
Need opinions -or what would you do?

Remember my set of The Angels? Well if not dont worry. But a couple of absolute Die hard Fans contacted me and asked if they could buy some photos.
My question is Do I leave a small watermark in the corner as a signiture or dont print it at all? I figured that it is a piece of art so therefore like an artist who has created a painting, he would sign his art work.

What are your thoughts??

I @ M
06-12-2011, 7:08am
Before I suggest anything re watermarks Danielle, the question needs to be asked if you have an agreement with said Angels as to whether you can actually commercially gain from the sale of their images?
Generally that will involve model releases etc etc etc.

peterb666
06-12-2011, 7:13am
I usually watermark my stuff with a small copyright signature and have done so after a couple of my photos were stolen and place on "Creationist" web sites indicating only their god could have created such beauty. Of course I am not a god and the problem is bigger when posting on line.

Yes to adding your "signature" provided you keep it subtle and in an appropriate spot. Nothing worse than making the signature a dominant part which I have seen too often.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

kiwi
06-12-2011, 9:22am
I would definately not put my watermark on sold images

I have seen lots of people put a sticker or stamp on the back of the print

Whether selling those prints is commercial use is a very complex issue. Depends on the t&c also.

Danielle10
06-12-2011, 10:09am
Oooh I like the sticker idea