PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Crystal
05-12-2011, 6:17pm
Hi all,
I'm a brand new member, I have been a budding photographer for 9 days! My husband gave me a Nikon D5100 for my birthday and I just love it! I've been playing with all the settings and trying all sorts of cool things... It's amazing how much I've learnt in a week!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and getting some tips!

I @ M
05-12-2011, 6:26pm
G'day Crystal, pull up a chair and join in.

Have a look through the library section (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php) as it has a wealth of knowledge for reference, post some of your images and offer critique on others work.

Kym
05-12-2011, 6:44pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Redbaron
05-12-2011, 7:57pm
welcome aboard crystal :th3:

plenty of useful tips on here

rwg717
05-12-2011, 8:55pm
Hello and welcome to AP, hope you enjoy it:D
Richard

Mark L
05-12-2011, 11:02pm
G'day Crystal from Narrabri. Bet you'll get some great sunset photos out there.

Crystal
06-12-2011, 8:00am
Yep we do! And some pretty awesome storms too!

Tikira
06-12-2011, 9:09am
Hi Crystal and welcome to AP. I hope you were "high and Dry" in the recent floods.

Lucky you for having such a wonderful hubby, I know you will have a great time with your new found hobby.
Wayne and I lived in Narrabri in the early 1990's for a couple of years, but before we were interested in photography, so didn't take much notice of the landscape features in the area. Practice and read a lot is the best advice I can give regarding your camera. We have great learning plans in the New to Photography section, which are as good or better than most courses, and you can do them at your own pace too.

Don't be afraid to post images or queries, you will receive great advice which will improve your photo's very quickly, and almost all of us were beginners when we joined this forum. We hadn't even bought our camera yet!

enjoy

Di

Crystal
06-12-2011, 2:30pm
Hi Di,
The floods were pretty mild really - Wee Waa got cut off but thats not hard! I probably missed a few good photo opourtunities though!

ElectricImages
06-12-2011, 2:43pm
Welcome! :)