PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here.....

Lazyshooter
04-12-2011, 11:38am
Well I thought I might as well introduced myself. Currently using a nikon D40 which I have had for years. Just recently I have taken up more of an interest in photography and decided to buy some new lenses. I now have the sigma 10-20mm, nikon 16-85mm and a nikon 50mm 1.4. I really like these lenses and was lucky to buy them secondhand in good condition. Now I want to buy another camera like the D7000, it must be a massive improvement over my D40. Would also like a nice solid tripod with a ball head since my current tripod is a bit fimsy. But all this stuff adds up pretty quickly.....

Anyway, look forward to reading and participating in this forum.

ricktas
04-12-2011, 12:42pm
Welcome aboard. Be careful about upgrading cause a camera 'must be an improvement'. A good photographer can take brilliant photos with a D40, so make sure your skills are there, cause expecting a camera to be better cause its more expensive is not necessarily true.

Show us some of your photos soon!

Lazyshooter
04-12-2011, 12:56pm
Very true. I have made an effort to learn more so hopefully I don't fall into that trap. If you have a blurring image (eg. camera shake, out of focus etc), then a better camera is not going to help. Though better high ISO performance with the newer camera's would certainly help decrease shutter speed.

My main reason's for looking at a new camera are more pixels, better high iso performance (I don't shoot greater than iso 400 on the D40) and more functions (live view, bracketing etc).

scotteffone
04-12-2011, 2:17pm
I have the sigma 10-20mm, for Canon though. Love it!

Kym
04-12-2011, 9:15pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!