PDA

View Full Version : 7D Error 20?

Christus86
03-12-2011, 12:38pm
Hi all,

So, I purchased a Canon 7D approximately 3 months ago, and about a month and a half ago I kept getting an Error 20 which makes the shutter go spastic and the camera locks up. Happened a couple of times so I sent it off to the shop I got it from. They had it for a couple of weeks testing it and testing it and they couldn't recreate the error... so I took it home... It's been working fine for 3 weeks and this morning, the day of a wedding I'm shooting, it's happening again worse than ever and my 7D won't work!!!! Anyone else had this problem? If I can't fix it, I'll be back to my 1000D for this wedding... :-/

Thanks,

Christie

Cris
03-12-2011, 3:40pm
Hi
I have a 5d mkii which has done the same thing, I would be packing it of to canon for repair, it should be under warranty. Error 20 is a mechanical error most likely to be the shutter box. It will most likely take up to a month to be repaired. Mine unfortunately was out of warranty and I am waiting for its return.:(

Dylan & Marianne
03-12-2011, 4:58pm
I got that dreaded message on the 5dmkII after excessive moisture exposure in Iceland 2009 - cost 450 to fix ............:(