PDA

View Full Version : New member introducing myself.

hikerheather
29-11-2011, 6:30pm
Well I have finally taken the step and joined up, so here goes. I have enjoyed photography pretty much all my life but it has become a passion since I retired some 6 years ago. I taught darkroom photography to Secondary School students throughout the 90's and then made the transition to digital in the following decade in my role as Visual Arts teacher.
I have owned a number of digital cameras, most recently an entry level DSLR (which I have just sold), which has accompanied me on numerous walks and trips around Australia in our caravan. In just under three years I took almost 10,000 photos with it - landscapes, birds and animals, also portraits of family. It was one of the 'must have' items I took wherever I went.
I also enjoy editing and printing my own cards and other photographic gifts for friends and family but only consider myself a hobbyist photographer.
So now, I am just about to purchase a new enthusiast level DSLR camera, also lenses and other gear and keen to start reading and learning from those of you who are more experienced photographers in the hope of improving my technique.

Regards,

hikerheather

Kym
29-11-2011, 6:31pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

ricktas
29-11-2011, 6:35pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site.

selaw
29-11-2011, 6:53pm
Hi hikerheather, looking forward to some of your work, maybe some special travel shots :)

hikerheather
29-11-2011, 7:19pm
thanks everyone...still trying to navigate my way around the site.

Mark L
29-11-2011, 10:04pm
...still trying to navigate my way around the site.
There is a lot here, though you'll become familiar with it all soon enough (if you want to).
Welcome aboard hikerheather.

Diverdan
30-11-2011, 12:53am
Hi HH,

Welcome, also looking forward to some of your travel shots.

Have fun here.

Mary Anne
30-11-2011, 1:30pm
Hello Heather :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Plenty to learn here.
That would be fun touring OZ post some images on the Forums so we can see where you have been.