PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS Inspires

KeeFy
28-11-2011, 9:36pm
Hi mate, some shameless publicity right here. But hey! You get a Chance to win a Canon 7D kit. Why not help a fellow Ausphotog member whilst at it? :P

https://apps.facebook.com/eosinspires/entry.php?id=1515

Thanks in advance guys!

Keith

ameerat42
28-11-2011, 9:56pm
So Keefy. I was faced wiff diss ??:eek:??

(Not) inspired...

?m.

KeeFy
28-11-2011, 10:15pm
So Keefy. I was faced wiff diss ??:eek:??

(Not) inspired...

?m.

Oh wells ... either you fb or you don't. Seems more and more people are getting off FB these days.

Roosta
28-11-2011, 10:17pm
Makes atleast two of us then.

Mark L
28-11-2011, 10:25pm
I got what ameerat42 got. Makes three of us. :D
However I did google ameerat42's user tittle and got this http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Arch-%CE%A3igmoid&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Arch-%CE%A3igmoid&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&ei=_2DTTv_tFsi0iQffruDZDg&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=7ece50989aed7ca2&biw=1252&bih=559 which just about covers every post you've made here on AP.:D:D:D

MarkChap
28-11-2011, 10:26pm
even if you fo "FB" you are faced with a similar choice - do I allow this intrusive App access to my personal data, just for a minute chance to win a &D or not ??

Xenedis
28-11-2011, 11:22pm
I'm yet another person who is not on Facebook and therefore cannot see whatever you've linked.

I guess there's a lesson in it: making your content accessible to everyone, as opposed to just those who use a particular site, will increase visibility.

J.davis
29-11-2011, 12:13am
Another fail here:confused013

MarkChap
29-11-2011, 12:22am
I'm yet another person who is not on Facebook and therefore cannot see whatever you've linked.

I guess there's a lesson in it: making your content accessible to everyone, as opposed to just those who use a particular site, will increase visibility.

It is not KeeFy's content, it is a 3rd party application from Canon actually.
They are offering the chance to win a 7D kit, but you have to get "votes" to win, the only way to vote for any one is to allow this 3rd party application access to your Facebook profile, then of course, you distribute the same request to all "your" friends so that they can vote for you, and then they do the same and so on and so on
So Canon are gaining access to a whole swag of email addresses, like and dislikes, all the marketing information they need for the cost of a 7D

Xenedis
29-11-2011, 6:13am
It is not KeeFy's content, it is a 3rd party application from Canon actually.

Yep. It wasn't directed at the OP as such.

They are offering the chance to win a 7D kit, but you have to get "votes" to win, the only way to vote for any one is to allow this 3rd party application access to your Facebook profile, then...

I don't think I'd be too keen on that notion if it affected me.

ameerat42
29-11-2011, 9:36am
...However I did google ameerat42's user tittle and got this http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Arch-%CE%A3igmoid&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Arch-%CE%A3igmoid&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&ei=_2DTTv_tFsi0iQffruDZDg&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=7ece50989aed7ca2&biw=1252&bih=559 which just about covers every post you've made here on AP.:D:D:D...

:eek::eek:K! and G:eek:SP! 4 the whole world 2 c!:crike:

Bennymiata
29-11-2011, 3:51pm
So the winner will end up being the person with the most friends on FB.

Never been on FB, and don't intend to ever be on it, or any of those other sites like Linked In.

ameerat42
29-11-2011, 4:03pm
Benny. Your signature "insipres" me to assert...

"Words are vehicles for conveying that which goes without saying."

(Probably what FB runs on.)

ricktas
29-11-2011, 6:26pm
I have tried to give some honest opinion on FB over the last couple of weeks. Where I critiqued a few photos. Only to be met by 'how dare you' type replies. So promptly removed those people from my friends lists. Seems if don't lie and say nice things, people don't like it on FB. Buggered if I am about to say 'nice photo' when the truth is that it is crap...hehe

Mark L
29-11-2011, 9:11pm

:eek::eek:K! and G:eek:SP! 4 the whole world 2 c!:crike:

But Am, who other than us know about your use tittle?
Based on the google result it's gibberish that no one else in the world has ever heard of.:D

ameerat42
29-11-2011, 9:15pm
Gibberish? Well, never been happier to know that! Phew!
:Dm.

Roo
29-11-2011, 9:17pm
I take it you can't enter the draw to win the camera if you did not get onto the FB bandwagon? Very happy I side stepped that over hyped crap :D

Tommo224
01-12-2011, 6:23pm
I'll try and remember to send you a vote tonight after work :)

KeeFy
02-12-2011, 10:48pm
I have tried to give some honest opinion on FB over the last couple of weeks. Where I critiqued a few photos. Only to be met by 'how dare you' type replies. So promptly removed those people from my friends lists. Seems if don't lie and say nice things, people don't like it on FB. Buggered if I am about to say 'nice photo' when the truth is that it is crap...hehe

I was looking through a wedding photographer's work and noticed 80% of the photos were slanted. I mentioned something along the lines of, "nice captures but it seems 80% of your photos are slanted." My post was deleted the next day.

Anyway.... a lot of companies have turned to social media for advertising. I guess if you don't want to be spammed in the future just stay off social media? LoL.