PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

magnum308
23-11-2011, 7:23pm
Hi,

I just joined today. Been away from photography for some years (make that decades).

I previously used (and still have them) two Canon F1 cameras and associated lens and other gear, but these are largely unused today.

Bought Canon EOS 400D twin lens kit a few years ago just for holiday snaps and for my wife to use. On a bush walk in a Mt Tamborine national park in September this year the camera got wet in a tropical down pour and died. After assessing that it was unrepairable and the local store recommended it be replace with a 110D body, I started researching what would be the best replacement body. This culminated in the delivery from Kogan on Monday of an EOS 600D body. I chose this over the 60D or 7D (the latter I seriously considered from a while as it is weather proofed) but at twice the price thought that that could be better spent on some lenses. The opinions on another forum were that for the money the 600D was a better spend than the 60D.

Now that I have a bit better kit than the 400D I might revive my interest in photography and seeing my wife seems interested in it as well perhaps were can learn on the 600D for a couple of years and then go up to a 7D (or its replacement) then. In the interim I want to get a good light compact digital for other use when the 600D is not warranted or too bulky to take. Hence my first thread on this forum.

rossco
23-11-2011, 7:55pm
welcome aboard

Kym
23-11-2011, 8:53pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

rwg717
23-11-2011, 9:23pm
Cheers and welcome back to photography:D
Richard

Mary Anne
23-11-2011, 11:02pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Its good that you have got back into photography :th3: