PDA

View Full Version : Finally the tripod trigger hath been pulled....no excuses now for

old dog
18-11-2011, 5:50pm
any blurred photos...:D. Just ordered the manfrotto carbon 055 propod, the Markins Q10 ball head and plate to suit camera. Made a hole in the pension but life is too short. Still have money for beer, wine and sundry. :th3:. I have been wanting a good pod and head for a while now but kept putting it off but procrastination took a beating today....another victory for cash therapy :D

davidd
18-11-2011, 6:02pm
Nice one! Good Luck. I have a Markins M10 head (same as the Q10), and its a great bit of gear.

William
18-11-2011, 6:10pm
Sounds like a good set up Graeme, One of these days I'll ditch my old $45 Tripod :D I do have another two , One is to heavy to carry around , It weighs 8kg and is fitted with a German Linhoff head , Very stable though :rolleyes:

arthurking83
18-11-2011, 6:20pm
... No excuses now for

.... any blurred photos...:D. [\Quote]

Hmmm... and then this...

[QUOTE=old dog;944513] .... Still have money for beer, wine and sundry. :th3:. ......

:confused:

Beer? ..... Wine? :confused013 ..... and sundry??? :scrtch: (I'm assuming that sundry pertains to spirits?)

Either way, it sounds as though not enough was spent on photographic gear in this instance!
(once the decision to acquire new photographic equipment is made, you should never end up with the situation where any money remains)

If blurry photos persist, don't blame the new tripod gear, nor yourself. The blame will rest squarely on this beer, wine and sundry :D

WhoDo
18-11-2011, 6:21pm
any blurred photos...:D. Just ordered the manfrotto carbon 055 propod, the Markins Q10 ball head and plate to suit camera. Made a hole in the pension but life is too short. Still have money for beer, wine and sundry. :th3:. I have been wanting a good pod and head for a while now but kept putting it off but procrastination took a beating today....another victory for cash therapy :D
Ha, great! Now you can join in with the Hunter AP sun chasers and get steady, long exposures in low light! :th3:

Cage
18-11-2011, 6:22pm
:th3: Graeme.

You hit the nail on the head when you inferred the more gear you get, the less excuses you can make.

mudman
18-11-2011, 6:54pm
good to see you have your spending priorities right. who needs food, plenty of good stuff in beer.

old dog
18-11-2011, 8:40pm
haaaa...thanks guys. The little pod will get a run on o/s holidays are may there be many of them. Sundry is an open book/problem Arthur :eek: and I`ll have to imbibe more home beer as well.:beer_mug: