PDA

View Full Version : Converter for many files

Tweak
11-11-2011, 10:49pm
Hey, I need a converter that will convert heaps of photos from .dng to jpegs without me picking photos each time.

Any advice?

William
12-11-2011, 1:56pm
Photoshop can do Batch processing from .dng to Jpegs, Not sure of other programs

ameerat42
12-11-2011, 2:53pm
Hey. My ancient version of Irfanview has menu options that allow "batch dng to jpeg conversion", but don't quote me on it as I haven't tried it.

Invictus
12-11-2011, 3:21pm
Another vote for irfanview.
FastStone and XnView also have the ability to batch process, and recognise DNG's.

Tweak
13-11-2011, 4:27pm
Its okay, I worked something out :)

Speedway
13-11-2011, 5:34pm
Well let's in on the secret.
Keith.

Tweak
13-11-2011, 5:39pm
I opened all my .dng files in Adobe Raw, then you just select all and at the bottom left hand corner there's an option that says "save images..." just click, put in the settings, folders and so on and click save. It takes a few minutes to save them all but its worth the wait.

arthurking83
14-11-2011, 10:19pm
Just about all image processing/converting software has the ability to batch process images to some degree.

I've never come across image processing software that doesn't do this.

The real question is, do you really want to convert all the images?

Sometimes it's not worth processing all images from a shoot(or on the card or PC) where you want to selectively choose each image based on some sort of merit system.

My personal workflow is that I selectively process/convert images based on their relative merits ... after they've been rated and catalogued.

Tweak
14-11-2011, 10:21pm
But you see I actually needed ALL those images I took, they were for a friend and I had to upload them all to facebook. It was his 16th birthday so yeah