PDA

View Full Version : New member from SA

CassiusBK
11-11-2011, 11:28pm
Hi,

I figured I'd join this forum since its dedicated to photography and not just a subsection on a tech forum. Maybe that way I wont get distracted when looking for relevant info on gear and technique etc..

I use a Pentax KR, and have used Pentax most of my life. Apart from the kit lens I use a 35mm 2.4 prime and a Sigma 10-20mm 3.5. The ultrawide is daunting for me to use at times so I'm hoping to find some inspiration here.

Subject wise, flowers are probably my favorite to shoot and I would like to learn some new tips to improve my images and possibly look into the macro side of things. I also like landscapes, but not having an graduated filters anymore, the sky is often my enemy, especially those solid grey overcast days (Nice for Flowers though!).

I have little knowledge on matters of post production. I have trialled Light Room and liked it. I would definately call myself a minimalist in this area as I like my images to look natural.

If any real life meetups get organised here for Adelaide Id defiantly come along as theres only so much you can learn sitting at the computer and I dont know many people with Photography as a hobby.

Thanks,

Brad

ricktas
11-11-2011, 11:33pm
Welcome aboard Brad, see you on the forums soon!

dt86vyss
12-11-2011, 12:45am
Welcome on board... You will learn lots here, look forward to seeing some shots

Kym
12-11-2011, 4:11am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-.-CONSTRUCTIVE-CRITIQUE-Members-Photos-.) and have fun!

michael_sa
12-11-2011, 9:55am
Another South Aussie! Howdy Brad. :th3:
Do you have your images online anywhere? (Flickr/Photo Bucket etc?)

Michael

CassiusBK
12-11-2011, 3:05pm
Thanks for the welcomes.

Michael, I do have some images up on Flikr. I was mainly seeing how the site worked, upload times / limits etc..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradkak/

The set from the Adelaide Botanic Gardens was right out of the camera with no editing so they are pretty bland!

Im hoping to get some more images on it soon.

Thanks!

Brad.